Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/17/2009 6:08:56 PM EST
Have you all noticed Ron Paul almost has a majority support for his bill HR 1207 just in COSPONSORS...hasn't even came to a vote yet. His bill is to Audit the Federal Reserve.

Holy crap. What will America do when we find out we've been robbed? Martial Law? Civil War? Shits going to get bad real soon. He only needs 27 more Cosponsors.

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Pretty good for what you all call a wacko eh? Stockpile food and water.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:10:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:11:30 PM EST by Silas]
Originally Posted By 2fewtoys:
Holy crap. What will America do when we find out we've been robbed? Martial Law? Civil War?

You think it would come to that?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:11:14 PM EST
Like Pelosi will ever allow it to come to a vote.

Dream on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:13:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Loki41872:

Dream on.

it having over 200 sponsors and being denied a vote would be a success in itself.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:15:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By Silas:
Holy crap. What will America do when we find out we've been robbed? Martial Law? Civil War?

No. I wished I was wrong but I still don't think the average american is as pissed off as they should be in order to effect some very needed change in this country. Perhaps one day soon that will change.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:21:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Dream on.

it having over 200 sponsors and being denied a vote would be a success in itself.

Yeah, that would pretty much be an act of war in and of itself.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:59 PM EST
If this thing comes to vote and passes a few people here who hate anything to do with Ron Paul will have a conniption fit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:24:57 PM EST
Have you all noticed Ron Paul almost has a majority support for his bill HR 1207 just in COSPONSORS...hasn't even came to a vote yet. His bill is to Audit the Federal Reserve.

Holy crap. What will America do when we find out we've been robbed? Martial Law? Civil War? Shits going to get bad real soon. He only needs 27 more Cosponsors.

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

A horse race to see what happens first... this bill passing or the $ collapsing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:25:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By molotov357:
If this thing comes to vote and passes a few people here who hate anything to do with Ron Paul will have a conniption fit.

Heads will explode, that's for sure. I hope it passes if for no other reason than that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:25:54 PM EST
Get ready for the house of cards to fall if this goes through.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:26:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Heads will explode, that's for sure. I hope it passes if for no other reason than that.

Big +1. The ensuing entertainment would be epic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:26:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:28:14 PM EST
Who is going to do the Audit? Obama bots?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:28:52 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

RLOVEUTION!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:30:15 PM EST
Ok even if it passes, which I'd put the chances at slightly less than Anna Kournikova giving me a booty call in the next 5 minutes, there is no way in hell the truth would ever get to the accountants much less the general public.

In before the guy who thinks the FED is the best thing to ever happen to America.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:32:45 PM EST
ACORN will do the audit, and the average sheeple won't give a damn, one way or the other.

If... IF this were to pass, and a real, non-biased audit happens and discovers all the horrible things we expect... America still won't care, and if you try to explain it to someone they will stare at you like you're describing quantum physics.

This country is beyond lost. Nothing is going to change our course except a restart.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:35:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By Justin-Kase:
Ok even if it passes, which I'd put the chances at slightly less than Anna Kournikova giving me a booty call in the next 5 minutes, there is no way in hell the truth would ever get to the accountants much less the general public.

In before the guy who thinks the FED is the best thing to ever happen to America.

Ohhh they will be here shortly. Thats when you need to put on the waders, because it gets really deep, as I am sure you already know.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:45:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:46:54 PM EST by Justin-Kase]

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

Wow. Already making excuses for why the results are nto what you expect even before the bill passes.

They will never let the truth out, no matter what...... but you have the inside scoop that has to be legit, right?

1. The FED will not be audited.
2. Arguing with a FED fellator is like arguing with this kid:

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:47:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

Wow. Already making excuses for why the results are nto what you expect even before the bill passes.

They will never let the truth out, no matter what...... but you have the inside scoop that has to be legit, right?

1. The FED will not be audited.
2. Arguing with a FED fellator is like arguing with this kid:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/lilmiss_84/retard.jpg

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:00:36 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

222 co-sponsors + Ron Paul = 223 Representatives. There are 435 total Representatives. Half of 435 is 217.5, so a majority is 218 Representatives.

He doesn't have "almost a majority". He has a majority.

Math is hard
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:05:15 PM EST
it will never happen
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:08:32 PM EST
It's actually a pretty clever concept.

Coming out against an audit paints any politician as pretty dirty.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:10:19 PM EST
never happen...the czar-in-chief has plans for the Fed..or vice versa
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:10:57 PM EST
I'm sure obama would sign that sucker right away.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:16:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Popobawa:
I'm sure obama would sign that sucker right away.

This is a political bill anyway, no one expects it to pass.

But alot of conservative Democrats know if they don't support it they're going to get hammered back home. It will probably die a quiet death in the Senate.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:18:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Procyon:

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

222 co-sponsors + Ron Paul = 223 Representatives. There are 435 total Representatives. Half of 435 is 217.5, so a majority is 218 Representatives.

Math is hard

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1207

The House has 535 total representatives, according to the link above the bill has 232 cosponsors now.

The bill is amazingly short. My guess is that if it is brought to the floor it will be ammended with 100 pages of payoffs and commie crap.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:27:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 7:29:11 PM EST by Procyon]

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Math is hard

The House has 535 total representatives, according to the link above the bill has 232 cosponsors now.

The bill is amazingly short. My guess is that if it is brought to the floor it will be ammended with 100 pages of payoffs and commie crap.

Uhm...the US House of Representatives has been set to 435 Representatives for 80 years now.

US House (wiki link)

Congressional Apportionment
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:27:31 PM EST
The IMF will audit the FED...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:29:20 PM EST
Little ignorant on the issue. What happens if the this passes?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:33:35 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Math is hard

Uhm...the US House of Representatives has been set to 435 Representatives for 80 years now.

US House (wiki link)

+1

I was going to ask when they had changed that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:34:39 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Math is hard

It'll get killed in the Senate.

The Fed needs to be held accountable for its part in all of this, but talk about taking a good close look at a trainwreck while poking a sleeping pit bull with a sharp stick...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:35:43 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Math is hard

Congress has 535 members - 435 in the House and 100 in the Senate. He already has a majority.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By cmjohnson:

Dream on.

Yeah, that would pretty much be an act of war in and of itself.

CJ

That's politics people. It happens with tons of bills.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:10 PM EST
We can only hope he gets the signatures and it pass's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:58 PM EST

He has 222 cosponsors!

Audit the FED

Math is hard

US House (wiki link)

Very true, that is what little sleep will do to you

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:51:34 PM EST
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:28:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Silas:

NO. They will be watching American Idiol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:17:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 6:17:45 AM EST by molotov357]
Now it is up to 234 co-sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:34:42 AM EST
This country is beyond lost. Nothing is going to change our course except a restart.

A restart may indeed be required to force the government to actually opperate within the bounds of the constitution.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:43:39 AM EST
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:S.604:

The Senate bill only has 2 cosponsors (no suprise in who they are)

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:44:57 AM EST

Dream on.

No it is just part of the game they are playing.

Do any of you guys understand that sponsoring a bill means nothing to most of the sponsors? Congress critters often sponsor bill they have no intention of voting for or know will never get a vote so they can say they were a sponsor come reelection time.

It is a game.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:23:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By Paje:

A horse race to see what happens first... this bill passing or the $ collapsing.

Does it matter, either way? If the bill passes, will the facts of the investigation cause the collapse?

Top Top