Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 10:20:11 PM EDT
My friend that just purchased his NIB Romanian SKS decided to get an aftermarket 30rd detachable mag, and after removing the fixed 10rd mag it doesnt fit.  The problem is the mag catch doesent reach the notch in the magazine.  The magazine is the plastic type with the slot in the side.  Ive used these magazines in Norinco SKS's numerous times.  Is the mag catch different on the Romanian trigger groups?  Any help would be apreciated.

Private_Joker
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?? I really need to know
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to file down the leading edge of the mag (The long portion that protrudes to the front of the rifle) or use it as a fixed mag by taking the trigger group out putting the mag in first then put the trigger group back in.
When looking at the mag say with it curving to the right The top portion that extends out past the normal mag width has a top leading edge. The area is usually open and there is a small tab of metal or plastic (depending on the mag)  about 1/2" wide. File that leading edge at about a 30 degree angle until it pops in fully seated and the mag catch works. I wish I could draw a diagram but hope you understand. E-mail if you have questions.
*Note* by top leading edge I mean just that. Not the longest part sticking out but futher back on top about 1/4" from the end is that leading egde of material. That area is what catches to seat the mag in place.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top