Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 4:38:42 AM EDT
Local Gun Show has Romanian AK,s in 7.62x39 and Yugoslavian SKS (all new w/ bayonets) for $169.  Here is the question. I only have and shoot AR's and M1s. I have no Eastern Bloc/Commie firearms, but these prices seem too good to pass up.

What do you suggest?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Local Gun Show has Roumanian AK,s in 7.62x39 and Yugoslavian SKS (all new w/ bayonets) for $169.  Here is the question. I only have and shoot AR's and M1s. I have no Eastern Bloc/Commie firearms, but thyese prices seem too good to pass up.

What do you suggest?

$339 is not bad.  If you look hard enough you can find Romy AKs for just under $300.  But then you have to pay shipping.  

Which gun show?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The Gunshow is the Tri-County show at the York Fairgrounds...
The Ak's have hi-capacity mags w/ them now.

This show also have brand spank'n new Rock River AR15s in the "correct" configuration for $700.
But I don't really need any more AR15s.

But then this ain't about need.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure that the Romainian AK is a SAR-1, and not a WSAR-10. The difference is the magwell. The reciever on WSAR-10's is designed to hold a 10 round, single stack mag. When they are imported, Century Drammel's out the reciever so that they can accecpt 30 round double stack mags. The workmanship is usually shotty at best, and the result is a magwell that you have a very difficult time putting a mag into.

SAR-1's on the other hand are Romainian AK's built to hold 30 round mags. They are rock solid, and for the money they are one of the best AK's you can get in my opinion.

ETA - I have never been one to pass on an SKS either! If the AK is a SAR and not a WSAR, then definately BUY BOTH!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top