Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 11/19/2014 9:41:01 PM EDT
It's long.  Put on your reading glasses.

A Rape on Campus: A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA

if anything, he says, the depressing reality is that UVA's situation is likely the norm. Decades of awareness programming haven't budged the prevalence of campus rape: One in five women is sexually assaulted in college, though only about 12 percent report it to police.
View Quote

They burble about UVA's honor code, a solemn pledge not to lie, cheat or steal; students are expected to snitch on violators, who are expelled. UVA's emphasis on honor is so pronounced that since 1998, 183 people have been expelled for honor-code violations such as cheating on exams. And yet paradoxically, not a single student at UVA has ever been expelled for sexual assault.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:53:51 PM EDT
If only had known I would have been more rapey when I went there for law school.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:00:09 PM EDT
so.. hows that weapon ban going?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:03:22 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrankDrebin:
If only had known I would have been more rapey when I went there for law school.
View Quote

Hmm only 8% of rape accusations are false?  Smells like ass numbers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:21:44 PM EDT
View Quote

You must not have been cool enough to get into those parties.

What year?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:36:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 6gunsal:

What year?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What year?

'99. Yeah. I never hung around that part of campus.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:37:23 PM EDT
It's long.  Put on your reading glasses.
View Quote

This is mostly bullshit and political theater.  Rape and assault on college campuses is nowhere near as prevalent as is being presented lately.

Serious offenses committed by 'protected' groups get swept under the rug, while the schools focus on denying due process to those of very questionable guilt in order to comply with demands from the feds.   It's a clusterfuck all around.

This is also a good time to point out that Rolling Stone is roughly on part with Daily Kos or DU in terms of credibility.   They've been caught fabricating stuff a number of times, most of it clearly malicious.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:37:28 PM EDT
if anything, he says, the depressing reality is that UVA's situation is likely the norm. Decades of awareness programming haven't budged the prevalence of campus rape: One in five women is sexually assaulted in college, though only about 12 percent report it to police.
View Quote

That stat is so full of shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:39:07 PM EDT
Won't read anything from that asswipe publication. Its only peer in liberal derp content is DU.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
Recent studies have shown that 12 out of every 10 female college freshman are sexually assaulted.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:42:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jiro:

View All Quotes

I would guess that it would depend on their definition.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:47:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thorgrimm_the_Vain:
View All Quotes

If it based on the study i remember...

To be a "false accusation" it has to be "proven false" by criminal investigation or proceeding...

With a whole bunch of disqualifiers. If I remember , recanting an accusation did not count as a false accusation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:47:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:

Feminist definition would include anyone performing any sexual act not expressly stated by the female party.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:18:51 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Have you ever spent 10 hours walking around a college campus as a woman?

Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:31:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2014 12:33:33 AM EDT by Angel_King]

Didn't think so.
View All Quotes

Didn't think so.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that study came from the mid 80's and it was a mail in survey of 2500 female students from 4 universities and if the person said that they were drunk or regretted it latter it was considered rape for the studies purposes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:54:53 AM EDT

View All Quotes

No it's not when you broaden what the term "sexually assaulted" means....That is the new strategy now, include tons of things in a broad term to increase the stats.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:01:08 AM EDT
My understanding from speaking to staff at the UVA Medical Center is that the recent increase in reported sexual assault strongly correlates to the student health plan covering abortions... only in instances of rape.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:05:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2014 9:05:47 AM EDT by Spade]
With how prevelant sexual assault is supposed to be it's a wonder any women to to college.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:11:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:
My understanding from speaking to staff at the UVA Medical Center is that the recent increase in reported sexual assault strongly correlates to the student health plan covering abortions... only in instances of rape.
View Quote

It must be because the men know they can now rape and not worry about paying child support.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:17:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:48:29 PM EDT

"Shut up," she heard a man's voice say as a body barreled into her, tripping her backward and sending them both crashing through a low glass table. There was a heavy person on top of her, spreading open her thighs, and another person kneeling on her hair, hands pinning down her arms, sharp shards digging into her back, and excited male voices rising all around her. When yet another hand clamped over her mouth, Jackie bit it, and the hand became a fist that punched her in the face. The men surrounding her began to laugh. For a hopeful moment Jackie wondered if this wasn't some collegiate prank. Perhaps at any second someone would flick on the lights and they'd return to the party.

"Grab its motherfucking leg," she heard a voice say. And that's when Jackie knew she was going to be raped.
View Quote

It sounds unbelievable that educated 18 to 20 year-olds would gang-rape a girl like that.  On a floor covered in broken glass?  Then she has supposed friends who compound the idiocy by not immediately calling the police?  There's blood and semen evidence.  

While I definitely agree that many college women have sex while they are intoxicated, the story above seems outlandish.

Anyone closer to this that knows more about it?  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:56:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silence:

To be a "false accusation" it has to be "proven false" by criminal investigation or proceeding...

With a whole bunch of disqualifiers. If I remember , recanting an accusation did not count as a false accusation.
View All Quotes

If there's supposed to be an epidemic, 8% is a pretty disturbing number.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:10:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:

The whole "epidemic" shibboleth is bullshit. Especially the "1 in 5" talking point which comes from a ludicrous study with a definition of "rape or sexual assault" in which those who were classified as having been "raped or sexually assaulted" ended up going on to date or continue to have sexual relations with their "attackers."  

I
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:13:19 PM EDT

View All Quotes

What year?

Campus? You mean Grounds, right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/26/2014 8:24:42 PM EDT by ffsparky26]
Blah
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/26/2014 8:19:45 PM EDT by dbrowne1]
UVA fraternities aren't any wilder or frattier than any other ACC or SEC school. You're going to see drugs, fights, and a certain amount of "liberty" taken with women who show up there.

All of which is to say, UVA isn't special (but don't tell them that ...) and probably isn't the worst of the bunch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/26/2014 8:20:43 PM EDT by camille]
Originally Posted By Spade:
With how prevelant sexual assault is supposed to be it's a wonder any women to to college.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1689632_America_s_new_culture_of_rape_.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:23:27 PM EDT
Get drunk and crash car? Liable.

Get drunk and have sex with another drunk person then regret it? Victim
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:24:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:
View Quote

Ahhh
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:25:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ffsparky26:

It nevered happened the way it was explained in rolling stone. If it was she would have dialed 911. It was really buyers remorse on a gang bang.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
Originally Posted By C-4:

"Shut up," she heard a man's voice say as a body barreled into her, tripping her backward and sending them both crashing through a low glass table. There was a heavy person on top of her, spreading open her thighs, and another person kneeling on her hair, hands pinning down her arms, sharp shards digging into her back, and excited male voices rising all around her. When yet another hand clamped over her mouth, Jackie bit it, and the hand became a fist that punched her in the face. The men surrounding her began to laugh. For a hopeful moment Jackie wondered if this wasn't some collegiate prank. Perhaps at any second someone would flick on the lights and they'd return to the party.

"Grab its motherfucking leg," she heard a voice say. And that's when Jackie knew she was going to be raped.

It sounds unbelievable that educated 18 to 20 year-olds would gang-rape a girl like that.  On a floor covered in broken glass?  Then she has supposed friends who compound the idiocy by not immediately calling the police?  There's blood and semen evidence.  

While I definitely agree that many college women have sex while they are intoxicated, the story above seems outlandish.

Anyone closer to this that knows more about it?  

It nevered happened the way it was explained in rolling stone. If it was she would have dialed 911. It was really buyers remorse on a gang bang.

I hate to be the one to call bullshit on her story, but it seems so over the top that it's difficult to imagine a group of men acting like that.  You would think someone would pipe up and say, "Hey guys, maybe this isn't such a great idea!"  It's unbelievable on both sides, both the girls behavior and the men's.  Raping a girl on a bed of glass?  Really?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:29:13 PM EDT
Treating campuses like they are an oasis of normal law enforcement and justice is wrong.

Too much political influence to keep a lid n bad things that happen.  Reputation, you know.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:29:14 PM EDT
Her: " what do you mean your parents aren't rich?"

RAAAAPPPPPEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:33:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spade:
View Quote

It's amazing they are now 60% of new college graduates.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:34:01 PM EDT

View All Quotes

In my circle of college friends I can recall that out of the group, two confessed to being raped as freshmen. Not, "I had a few too many and regretted it" sex.

Actual dragged into the bushes in front of the Jerome library and beaten and raped.
The other girl said someone forced their way into her dorm room and assaulted her.

Never caught either one.
Top Top