Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 7:56:03 AM EDT
I was in a drug store yesterday waiting for a prescription to be filled, and so I headed to the magazine rack to kill some time.

The first magazine that caught my eye was Rolling Stone, it had a lovely pic of Angelina Jolie on the cover.

While thumbing through, I found a big article on the .50 rifles that are getting so much press these days. As you can imagine, this highly liberal rag painted the ugliest picture imaginable.

They did their best to show the horror that a .50 is capable of producing. Nickle sized holes punched through a piece of armor at 500 yards. They just forgot to mention that there has never been a crime committed with a .50, and that for all purposes, they are exclusively a range gun for long distance shooting enthusiasts.

Rolling Stone, the "hip" liberal propaganda machine does it again.[-!-]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
[:(!]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I manage a drug store, so I have access to all these rags.  Every time a new RS comes in, I look in it to see the latest anti-Bush, anti-gun or anti-anything with virtues articles.  Notice, this month's edition also has a GLOWING article about the biggest LSD chemist the world has ever known.  And this guy didn't even do it as good as Owsley!  Yeah, RS is a bulls**t magazine, forever glorifying numbnuts rock idiots and denegrating everything else.  I used to subscribe, years ago, but after Jerry Garcia died, I figured they'd never write anything I was interested in again, and I was right!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never cared for Rolling Stone magazine.  I do, however, miss Jerry Bear.

*sniff*

[>Q]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Youse guys are all so wrong about cha .50.
Why do you think me and the boyz all wear those baggy pants?
So we can hide our .50's!!!!!

We gave all our Lorcins to our sisters, everybody who is anybody in the hood has an M2HB.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We gave all our Lorcins to our sisters, everybody who is anybody in the hood has an M2HB.
View Quote

betta recognize
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I concurr with your assesment of Rolling Stone magazine... it is backwards as hell about what it supports and what it demonizes.  However, there is one thing that you were wrong about... a .50 has been used in the commission of a crime, at least once that I'm aware of.  It was in a failed (I think) attack on a Brinks armored truck... and it did punch nice big holes in the side of that vehicle.

sorry, I'm not trying to contradict you M4, just don't want you to get blindsided by some anti that knows that little tidbit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
However, there is one thing that you were wrong about... a .50 has been used in the commission of a crime, at least once that I'm aware of.  It was in a failed (I think) attack on a Brinks armored truck... and it did punch nice big holes in the side of that vehicle.

sorry, I'm not trying to contradict you M4, just don't want you to get blindsided by some anti that knows that little tidbit.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Well, having been used once doesn't exactly qualify it as the next Tec-9. Those morons in Rolling Stone paint a very unrealistic picture.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If you guys want to have an impact on liberal magazines and books, here's what you do: whenever you go into a bookstore, drugstore, whatever that sells magazines, find the copies of the most blatant offenders, like Rolling Stone, Time, etc, and hide them as far back behind something as you can.  If you can get away with it, hide them behind a shelf or something where they won't even be seen for days or weeks.
There has to be a few thousand people registered here...if each of us did this at every store we entered, it would make a significant financial bite.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you guys want to have an impact on liberal magazines and books, here's what you do: whenever you go into a bookstore, drugstore, whatever that sells magazines, find the copies of the most blatant offenders, like Rolling Stone, Time, etc, and hide them as far back behind something as you can.  If you can get away with it, hide them behind a shelf or something where they won't even be seen for days or weeks.
There has to be a few thousand people registered here...if each of us did this at every store we entered, it would make a significant financial bite.
View Quote

See?
I tried and tried and tried to hate you.
But I just cant.
Good idea.
Consider it done in St. Augustine FL, and may I reccomend a thread devoted to this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially TIME!!!  They are the worst offenders, by far.  God, I hate that rag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top