Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/30/2015 3:21:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2015 3:21:55 AM EDT by ObsoleteMan]
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/andrew-w-k-scores-show-on-glenn-becks-radio-network-20150428

Andrew W.K. will begin hosting his own radio program, America W.K., on Glenn Beck's network, TheBlaze.

The two-hour show is scheduled to air on Saturdays, with the premiere set for May 2nd. According to a press release, W.K. will lead positive, honest discussions about "what it is to be alive — meaning, motivation, mindset and making dreams come true, all included in a celebration of life itself."

While W.K. admitted he was surprised when Beck approached him about hosting his own show, he said he knew the staunch conservative and constitutional devotee would allow him free rein to speak his mind.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/29/the-wonderful-world-of-andrew-w-k-and-glenn-beck

Facing questions over his new gig, he took to Facebook, posting: “I’m not right wing. I’m not left wing. I’m not political. I’m just party. I even party with people who are very different than I am.” And later: “I don’t only want to party with people who think like me.”
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:26:10 AM EDT
No fucks given. It's not the end of the world to listen to people with a different point of view once in a while. You don't have to agree with it. But it just might open your eyes to a different point of view. Doesn't mean you're forced to accept it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:39:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:41:13 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Laramie:
No fucks given. It's not the end of the world to listen to people with a different point of view once in a while. You don't have to agree with it. But it just might open your eyes to a different point of view. Doesn't mean you're forced to accept it.
View Quote

Fully agreed.

I'm not suggesting that you listen to pure propaganda, but if you actually converse with people with opposing views, sometimes you can spark a change.
Listening to any views from somebody who isn't going off of pure bullshit is a great way to learn, even if all you are learning is what the other side is up to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:47:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Modly:

Fully agreed.

I'm not suggesting that you listen to pure propaganda, but if you actually converse with people with opposing views, sometimes you can spark a change.
Listening to any views from somebody who isn't going off of pure bullshit is a great way to learn, even if all you are learning is what the other side is up to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Modly:
Originally Posted By Laramie:

Fully agreed.

Yup. That's why I always get a kick out of my old man. Any time I talk to him it's always the exact same shit. All day every day the only thing he pays attention to (other than sports) is Rush, O'Reily, Hannity. He's like a goddamn parrot. Sometimes I wonder if he ever has an original thought because it's always the same nonsense. I

I'll see some news breaking on twitter or Drudge and then a few days later I'll hear it from him after Rush or Hannity has picked it up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:25:40 AM EDT
One of Beck's people tell him that "the kids like this Andrew WK guy, you should give him a show" or something?

WK is like a real life cartoon character, I know nothing about his political ideology but he seems like someone fun to hang out with. He was also an occasional guest on Red Eye (Fox).
Top Top