Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
It's true!

Do people actually take that stuff seriously?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the devil!  

Specifically when  in Stereo!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
rock? its gone beyond rock..

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The devil sounds good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know of any sane person that does. I know Jack Chick does, but as I said, I don't know of any sane person that believes rock music is of the devil.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh great, another thinly veiled Christian bashing thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's true!

Do people actually take that stuff seriously?

do people actually post stuff in the wrong freakin forum?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I always wonder where it is people like that get the idea that an entire genre of music is bad, not because of lyrical content but because of sound.  It makes no sense to me.

For any of you who listen to Christian music, the "Houseplant Song" by Audio Adrenalin comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Satan doesnt like Rock, or heavy metal......it hurts my...I mean his ears
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oh great, another thinly veiled Christian bashing thread.

Please - this has nothing to do with Christianity - nothing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
"...Then I'll give you a little wedding present, some AIDS!..."

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Metal was the devil's music...

Now it's Terror EBM and Aggrotech.  Yeah, baby.  Techno and metal.

A few samples to entice your souls.  Those of you who have already sold your souls for more guns, magazines, or ammunition are commanded to listen.

Suicide Commando - Bind, Torture, and Kill

Suicide Commando - Conspiracy With The Devil

God Module - Foreseen
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know all those folks in those pictures are Texas fans!! Hook em Horns!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Rammstein? check.
Korn? check.
six feet under? check.

I am suitably equipped for the evening.  Rock on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]

[can-o-worms] You can't believe in God and not believe in the Devil [/can-o-worms]

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought foosball was the devil????

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Everything the devil to you mama!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
My .223....

Evil is not in music. If music is evil (and there IS some evil music out there), then the evil comes from the heart of he or she who wrote it.

I do believe that music can have a very real influence on a person, especially evil music.

Now, what constitutes evil is very open-ended. Some music is truly sick, while others can be listened to by well-grounded people without much issue.

So, in short, music is an expression of what is in the artists heart. How it affects the listener is very much up to the listener.

Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.ironmaiden.com/discography/discography_IMG/numberofthebeast.jpg

That song's not about the devil, at least that's the claim now, check the "I saw Iron Maiden in concert" thread.Ithikn DrFrige started it

That song is about a nightmare the bass player Steve Harris had. If you listen to the song, the narrator has found a devil worshiping cult and is trying to get away from them.  OVerall, it sounds like the narrator is torn between running away and forgetting or turning them in to the police..if the police are not part of it.

There are bands that are evil or have Satanic leanings(Black Metal comes to mind..), but it's about the people writing the stuff.

BTW..it's not a christian bashing thread. Jack Chick is someone that some of the most faithfull Christians I know won't be associated with due to his fanatical view point.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That song's not about the devil, at least that's the claim now, check the "I saw Iron Maiden in concert" thread.Ithikn DrFrige started it

I know but it throws the holy rollers into a fit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know but it throws the holy rollers into a fit.

Those holy rollers and their holy smoke.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

[can-o-worms] You can't believe in God and not believe in the Devil [/can-o-worms]

Actually you can. The Jews dont belive in either a devil or Hell. In their view God is'nt that much of an asshole. The "satan" that is mentioned in the hebrew bible is an Angel and hes more of an "argumentative" philosopher who lives in heavan with God.
HE was known to do a few bad things to people but only with Gods Permission. In comparison God did a LOT of bad things to people in the OT personally.
The "devil" came during the  christian era and was never accaepted as valid Judaism.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top