Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 7:45:00 AM EDT
-That We Live In A Global Villiage?"....I wonder if Redford is calling that million or two acres he owns in Montana and Idaho are part of "our villiage"...and his private secutity force wont run me out for camping on "our" land?....
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20010709/re/people_environment_redford_dc_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
People are always better at judging others.

When they make a movie how much electricity do the use?? Do they get it from clean burning sources when they are on "location" What about all those limo's and custom SUV's that "celebs" ride around in?? How much green house gases do they produce with those? What about the giant houses(yes that is plural) they like to own all over the place? How much energy do they use keeping them warm/cool and full of light?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as they pay for that electricity, oil and plastic, what business is it of ours?

(Other than *we* give them the money to live that way.)
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Look, lo-ball I could explain this whole Bush vs Redford thing and the irony in my response but I think my time may be better spent insulting you until you go away. Next time why don't you think about the story before you post your moronic responses.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry you are not a beleiver in capatilism No-AR, sorry you don't think that when you go to see a Robert Redford, Barbara Streisand, Ben Affleck et el movie, that you are putting money directly into their pockets so that they can further spout their silliness (much like you do for free right here, free loader).

Whats wrong with someone spending their money the way they see fit, be it either by buying lots of big wasteful houses (that they pay to heat and cool) or by buying the biggest least efficent SUV they can get their hands on.

You may have liked the old Soviet era better, but those days are long gone.

Long live capatilism.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry you are not a beleiver in capatilism No-AR, sorry you don't think that when you go to see a Robert Redford, Barbara Streisand, Ben Affleck et el movie, that you are putting money directly into their pockets so that they can further spout their silliness (much like you do for free right here, free loader).

Whats wrong with someone spending their money the way they see fit, be it either by buying lots of big wasteful houses (that they pay to heat and cool) or by buying the biggest least efficent SUV they can get their hands on.

You may have liked the old Soviet era better, but those days are long gone.

Long live capatilism.
View Quote

I'll reply in small words since apparently you didn't get my point earlier. It's real simple ready.

[red] Redford complain Bush not good for earth, too much bad stuff allowed (po-lu-tion)[/red]
[blue] Meanwhile Redford make bad stuff doing his job, and by the way he lives.[/blue]
[purple] So Redford doing what he is complaining Bush allows to be done.[/purple]

If I could I would post a sketch for you so big words don't scare you. You know I've noticed that your posts have picked up recently, perhaps mommy should send you to camp until school starts up again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
, thanks for the small words No-AR, I do beleive that it made your infantile train of thought a bit easier for you to comprehend.

So now you are against people First Amendment rights also?

The shame.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]
This story has nothing to with capitalism. And any halfway intelligent Capitalist would know that.
Why does Comrade Redford feel he has any right to speak to any other country (read UN) about how they should deal with America. I don't recall electing him for anything (or supporting his movies since I found out what a liberal was.)
The only thing that surprises me about Comrade Redford, is that he hasn't gotten the hots for Hanoi Jane now that she available again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This story has nothing to with capitalism. And any halfway intelligent Capitalist would know that.
Why does Comrade Redford feel he has any right to speak to any other country (read UN) about how they should deal with America. I don't recall electing him for anything (or supporting his movies since I found out what a liberal was.)
The only thing that surprises me about Comrade Redford, is that he hasn't gotten the hots for Hanoi Jane now that she available again.
View Quote

Exactly, and he is a hypocrite. (heilo you'll need your see and say dictionary)
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As long as they pay for that electricity, oil and plastic, what business is it of ours?

(Other than *we* give them the money to live that way.)
View Quote

You're right - as long as [b]ANY[/b] of us can pay for what we use, there's no problem. [b]BUT[/b] most of us seem to have a problem with people who have a "do as I say, not as I do" mindset. A large percentage of Hollywood types espouse far-left political, social, and environmental ideas - at least for the common people or unwashed masses. They, of course, don't have to abide by the guidelines they wish the rest of us would follow. According to them we should drive small, fuel-efficient cars in order to conserve precious petroleum products and help keep the environment clean, yet they motor around in their gas-guzzling SUVs that get 1/4 to 1/3 the mileage of the cars they wish we'd drive.

As 9divdoc said, I wonder if Redford is treating his private land in the northwest as "global village property," or is he somehow exempt from what he wishes the rest of us to live like?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with Robert Bushy Jr. is kinda dumb.  You guys don't really think he'll stand up to congress when they finally decide that enough is enough and ban all guns do you?  You should have voted for Gore, it would have been more painless.  [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By William J Clinton:
I agree with Robert Bushy Jr. is kinda dumb.  You guys don't really think he'll stand up to congress when they finally decide that enough is enough and ban all guns do you?  You should have voted for Gore, it would have been more painless.  [smoke]
View Quote
                                           O K BILL..........[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah what the hell     Robert Redford is the poster child for be kind to the little ugly bigfoot who is protecting his environment, and loves to kiss his BS bitch.

Really, after all these years he will kiss up to the globalist corporate bunch, liberal politicians (especially when they declare so much land off limits to all) and the big spenders from hollyweird who buy up thousands of acres for their own brand of perversion,  BUT  never let it be said that he will support the basic constitutional rights of Americans.

I just dispise the ugly sonof a bitch. Oh and for those who support him, what great thing has he ever done that really sticks out as a truly grand environmental act. Oh making movies is not an option, to bad the horses didn't kick the shit out of him.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I never understood why Actors and other celebrities are respected and asked for their opinion. They totally speak from emotion instead of thinking.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I never understood why Actors and other celebrities are respected and asked for their opinion. They totally speak from emotion instead of thinking.
View Quote

I believe that the sheeple must think "Oh, he's rich and famous. He must be smarter* than me."

*- meaning more educated, better informed, more intelligent, etc. so they don't have to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top