Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 8:43:57 PM EDT
Anybody seen the new XCR rifle? They have no price or parts or warranty info yet.Sounds like a  nice gun,but I'm not sure about the credibility of this company.Is it going to materialize?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I am on the waiting list. They say they will ship around Xmas time. Still waiting for them to update the website.  I have also looked at the LR-300 from ZM..too expensive, and the Olympic OA-93 carbine..looks ugly and is too heavy.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody seen the new XCR rifle? They have no price or parts or warranty info yet.Sounds like a  nice gun,but I'm not sure about the credibility of this company.Is it going to materialize?

The company is very well established, and while their original product (Expeditionary Rifle) had some teething pains, all comments I've heard show a company that is very responsive to their customers. They have always been quick and polite answering questions from me.

I wouldn't worry too much about the company itself.

The XCR is supposed to come in at under $1000.

I want one!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I want one!

Sheeit, at that price, sign me up for one as well!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want one!

Sheeit, at that price, sign me up for one as well!

I'm getting one as well.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
As soon as the 6.8 SPC is widely available, I will definitely pick one up. It has the "gadget factor" for sure, with the forearm rails integrated into the upper reciever, piston-driven operation, folding stock and simple caliber swap. Personally, I think it's cool that an American arms manufacturer is willing to create a new "evil" rifle in the wake of the AWB.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
We will just have to wait and see how it performs.  But I kinda like it already.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for one too...I don't care what all the anti XCR people say, I just think it looks cool...and I don't take my guns to wars in far away lands...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#9]
^
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry about the size, I took the images straight from the Robinson Armament website......

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#13]
that looks awsome.

i like the folders.

is this going to be a limited run? or full production?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Fixing the stock should be fairly straightforward (weld it open?), and there are plenty of good muzzle brakes from EGW, CavArms, MSTN, Bushmaster, et al., that could be silver soldered to the barrel in a pinch.........

On second thought, that's too much work, you should probably just move!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
that looks awsome.

i like the folders.

is this going to be a limited run? or full production?

From the RobArms XCR FAQ, it sounds like they are gearing up for full production come late '04 / early '05. I am wondering if they will continue to produce the M96, 'cause I want one of those too! I think a collapsable folding stock like the ZM Weapons unit would be the best of both worlds. Here's to hoping!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top