Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 12:13:57 PM EDT
What do you guys think of this set up?  It appears that it is only available for Military use, but does look rather interesting.

[url]http://www.robarm.com/rav02.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.robarm.com/images/RAV02%20FA%20RS20Aug02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang that looks sweet
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The videos appear to show this being a very controlable gun.  Its a shame the government doesn't trust the people that vote them into power.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
How long is the barrel? My only concern would be too short of a barrel (n terms of wound ballistics).

Otherwise, a very nice setup.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that the one they refuse to sell to the public ?? Military/LEO use only or some such crap.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to shoot at that range all the time. That clip made me miss Utah.

Nice looking gun seems to shoot very well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't that the XM weapon SF was trying in the 'Stan because they wanted something more accurate and ergonomic than an AK that still used AK mags and ammo? (which they find stockpiled all over)  The short barrel length is somewhat negated by the fact that it's a 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The videos appear to show this being a very controlable gun.  Its a shame the government doesn't trust the people that vote them into power.
View Quote

I don't see any reason that gun wouldn't be legal under US law, unless it is full auto.  Why couldn't Robinson release a semiauto version of it with a 16 inch barrel and muzzle brake?  Sounds more like a corporate decision than a legal one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe that Robinson Armament does offer a civilian version of the RAV02.  They've added 7.62X39 capability to their Recon line of the M96.  It has a 16" inch barrel, etc.  Check out their U.S. Brochure (in PDF format).  

[url]www.robarm.com[/url]

The link to their brochure is the fifth link to the top, on the left hand side of the page...

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe that Robinson Armament does offer a civilian version of the RAV02.  They've added 7.62X39 capability to their Recon line of the M96.  It has a 16" inch barrel, etc.  Check out their U.S. Brochure (in PDF format).  

[url]www.robarm.com[/url]

The link to their brochure is the fifth link to the top, on the left hand side of the page...

View Quote

Although it is on that brochure, they do not yet offer it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Better than the M4, huh?  What are they basing that on?  Where has it seen extensive use in combat conditions?

I have no problems with claims with supporting evidence, but that sounds like an ad man composed that web page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top