Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2008 5:12:11 PM EDT
90 years old.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he can share a room with Teddy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it the Robert Byrd wing of the Robert Byrd Hospital?  Is he in a Robert Byrd gurney?  Is the hospital on Robert Byrd street?  Is it a Robert Byrd stethoscope they're using?

Anyone not getting the pun: Byrd has brought more federal earmarks to West Virginia than you can shake a stick at, and it seems about half the things in the state are named after him.  Would probably only increase if he passed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Would it be too much to hope that the members of Arfcom will show the smallest amount of civility and decorum when discussing this?

ETA:  I guess not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted: Maybe he can share a room with Teddy.
Both of them in the hospital at the same time. Thank you God, I will pray more often!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Byrd hospitalized after suffering a high fever
By J. Taylor Rushing
Posted: 06/02/08 09:12 PM [ET]
Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W. Va.) was admitted to the hospital for the third time this year on Monday night, this time for overnight observation after suffering a high fever.

Byrd, 90, the longest-serving senator in U.S. history, was taken to a Virginia hospital in the early evening and will stay there overnight after feeling ill throughout the day, spokesman Jesse Jacobs said. Jacobs said Byrd had felt “lethargic and sluggish” throughout the day, but attended the lone Senate vote of the day, at 5:30 p.m. He was one of 14 senators to vote against debating a climate change bill.

Shortly thereafter, Byrd went home and reported the same symptoms to his caregiver. The caregiver discovered that Byrd had a fever and consulted the senator’s physician, who recommended a hospital visit, Jacobs said.

Byrd, who was elected in 1949 and now assumes the powerful Appropriations Committee chairmanship, was hospitalized briefly in February after a fall at his home and again in March for adverse reactions to medication.

Some Democrats publicly speculated his chairmanship duties should be distributed elsewhere, but the senator quieted his critics with strong leadership of an April 15 committee hearing on President Bush’s war supplemental measure.

Last month, Byrd brought spectators and reporters to a standstill with a dramatic, tearful speech for Sen. Edward Kennedy on the day the Massachusetts Democrat was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Would it be too much to hope that the members of Arfcom will show the smallest amount of civility and decorum when discussing this?

I'm not going to piss on him for being 90 and sick, thats how life works.

But I've always been amused at the amount of plaques bearing his name in WV.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm wondering why, if our health care is SOOOOOOO bad, are they not going to Canada, Britian, or Australia for their jolly excellent treatments.

Thats right, they'd be dead before the treatment started...........................
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is it the Robert Byrd wing of the Robert Byrd Hospital?  Is he in a Robert Byrd gurney?  Is the hospital on Robert Byrd street?  Is it a Robert Byrd stethoscope they're using?

Anyone not getting the pun: Byrd has brought more federal earmarks to West Virginia than you can shake a stick at, and it seems about half the things in the state are named after him.  Would probably only increase if he passed.

Is there a "Robert Byrd" cemetary?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
All the more reason for term limits.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh teh noes!

It comes in threes.

Reckon Schumer is next?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm sure we'll be more civil than with Ted Kennedy.

But, to be honest, I'm kind of happy that 08' is looking like a two-for-one special in terms of Democratic bucket-kicking.

- BG
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It comes in threes.

Hhhmmmmmm, THAT's not good
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy trails bitch
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not going to piss on him for being 90 and sick, thats how life works.

But I've always been amused at the amount of plaques bearing his name in WV.

The things that were earmarked by Byrd for WV have just been happening in the last 5-10 years. Before that, no money was ever earmarked for WV. Love him or hate him he has done good things for this state in the last decade. He finally called in favors that he had been doing for years. It is past time however that WV vote him out. May not have to worry about that last part much longer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh teh noes!

It comes in threes.

Reckon Schumer is next?

One can only hope.

Too bad we're limited to just three.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]
The DUers are lamenting the old Kluxer's condition. Put an (R) after his name and the knives would be out. Go figure.

I can't take two old lions at the same time
They both better damned well be back at work on Monday.

I felt really bad with the Kennedy news. This new news is more than I want to handle.

Then they go off on a tangent about commercials that make them boo-hoo.

And how about the ad for adopting animals?
I literally have to turn the mute on because the song she's singing is so sad. And the expressions on the dogs and kitties, oh my god!

We can't have animals now because of allergies. If I listened to that ad another time I'd run right over to the pound.

I'm not making this up.

cat food commercials, now they get me wispy.
Edited on Mon Jun-02-08 09:29 PM by undergroundpanther
And sometimes after I get that way I grab the nearest in proximity of my location one of my three kitties and I kiss'em and hug 'em. Next thing ya know they all want some lovin'too. It turns into myself wishing I had more arms like Shiva or something..But I never remember the cat food brand after that ,maybe because I focus on the cats that much so the ad part I could care less about falls on deaf ears.
Get better byrd. Or I'll send my cats over there and they'll purr and be so sweet and I won't be able to do anything to stop them.

I'm thinking cat dander drives you looney.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Anyone not getting the pun: Byrd has brought more federal earmarks to West Virginia than you can shake a stick at, and it seems about 80% of the things in the state are named after him.  Would probably only increase if he passed.

fixt for ya.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#23]
90 years old and still making laws for you and me to live by...........

WE NEED TERM LIMITS

GO HOME AND STAY THERE BYRD!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll feel guilty as soon as I stop dancing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#25]
His Grand Kleagle Hood was unavailable for comment.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
He'll be comfortable in the clean white sheets.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
His Grand Kleagle Hood was unavailable for comment.

Oh Snap!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]
byrd and kennedy should go take a chappaquiddick joy ride
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#29]
He's got a fever, and the only cure for that fever is more cowbell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

He is worshiped around here like a god. After he endorsed Hussein I lost all respect for him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I would like to call his bedside phone at the hospital, and rickroll him.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.  How's that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It comes in threes.

Hhhmmmmmm, THAT's not good

Kennedy
Byrd

Who's next..?

Schumer
Feinstein?

I'm going to guess Obama, cause Hillary has her sights on him... if you get my (windage) drift...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted: Maybe he can share a room with Teddy.
Both of them in the hospital at the same time. Thank you God, I will pray more often!

Maybe they will be able to check out together.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
90 years old and still making laws for you and me to live by...........

WE NEED TERM LIMITS

GO HOME AND STAY THERE BYRD!!

So you don't support the right to vote for who you want?  Right or wrong, the people of WV wanted him.z
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Half ?

No disrespect to Badfish, but that has to be an understatement.

Thieving old bastard. I'm hope Satan is warming up a suite for him. The Robert W Byrd suite in Hell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I would love it if he had a black doctor who knew who he was and was aware of his past. Just to watch him squirm....
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HA! I'm still laughing as I type this. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I pray that he will repent and get saved before he passes.

I hope that he will soon depart from the US Senate.

I suspect that Hillary may have some sort of poison ut into Bill's drink. Something to induce an MI. Imagine the sympathy vote that something like Bill passing away could generate for her. If she hangs on until the Convention, I will not be shocked to learn of ol Bill assuming room temperature the night before.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#42]
The FORCE will be balanced.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Hope he gets an African doctor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh teh noes!

It comes in threes.

Reckon Schumer is next?

One can only hope.

Maybe with ultra libs we get six or nine. They really aren't equal to decent folks.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh the Lord don't like ugly...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I would like to offer up this song to sooth him as he slips his mortal coil.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh teh noes!

It comes in threes.

Reckon Schumer is next?

One can only hope.

Maybe with ultra libs we get six or nine. They really aren't equal to decent folks.

Waxman will be next. He'll sneeze and get sucked into that black he has for a nose.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Good things happen to bad people...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
The chances that his replacement will be any better is virtually nil.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The chances that his replacement will be any better is virtually nil.

I don't know about that...the way the DNC has been selling WV way too short...witness the Dem Primary.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top