Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2002 4:32:50 PM EDT
I've been without cable for 26 hours now.  Called RR tech support and they don't consider it an 'outage' until more people in my area call.  I don't know ANYONE else in my area that has RR.  I'm running out of methadone.  The shakes are bad.  I think I have a fever.  56k dialup is killing me.  I'm ordering DSL on Monday.

Has anyone else gone through high speed internet withdrawal?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
hehe... take a 120v signal and run it down the line.  ooops smoking stuff. now they have to come fix it. [;)]

--edit--
to change 12v to 120v, i dropped the zero.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
hehe... take a 12v signal and run it down the line. ooops smoking stuff. onw they have to come fix it.  

Either that or sodder a 110 plug onto the end of the coax and plug her in.  :)
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Or you can move to NY and get Optimum OnLine. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
NO ... don't do it.

DSL sucks.  You're not online when you boot, you've got this funky little dialup program that boots the modem, all sorts of little problems.

Stick with Cable.  Call up the RoadRunner folks and get medieval on their a**e*.

Ryan
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Roadrunner seems to be better in houston.

Don't take that Sh|t from them, keep asking for the next supervisor, I have gotten credit for my speed just being slow.

Make them say that ‘you don’t have a problem’, then call their business office Monday and get the whole month for free.  

And HSIW (high speed internet withdrawal) is a bitch.
SSD
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ryan erraticly muttered..
NO ... don't do it.

DSL sucks. You're not online when you boot, you've got this funky little dialup program that boots the modem, all sorts of little problems.

Stick with Cable. Call up the RoadRunner folks and get medieval on their a**e*.

Ryan
View Quote

im online regardless of if im booted up or not. its called.... ready? A ROUTER. it controls the internet connection and shares it to my networked PCs. and guess what? i dont use their crummy software. my router also keeps my connection LIVE full time. now and then the IP changes cuz bellsouth changes it(its dynamic not static).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top