Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/7/2004 1:25:46 PM EST
ok, potential road trip coming up, driving from NJ - Portland. My question is, if anyone has any info on this type of thing, is can i pack my pistol with me on this trip. i don't really wanna be driving across country with only my pocket knife with me, just in case. anyone have any experience in this kinda thing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:26:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 1:27:15 PM EST by ajm1911]
Do you have CCW? check on Packing.org for states that honor your permit. I think peaceable journey laws apply too, but a big no-no w/o a CCW from some state
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:29:20 PM EST
Road trips are BAAAAADDDDD you lose axles and catch cars on fire that way like I did this weekend.

As for the pistol, i have know idea...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:36:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By ajm1911:
Do you have CCW? check on Packing.org for states that honor your permit. I think peaceable journey laws apply too, but a big no-no w/o a CCW from some state

yes, i do have a CCW....i will check out that site you gave me, and try to make heads or tails out of that preseumably "smart people speak"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:57:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By FOX-:
Road trips are BAAAAADDDDD you lose axles and catch cars on fire that way like I did this weekend.

Well thats all your fault... At least it didnt burn for too long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:27:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By SINGLE_SHOT:

Yeah, that would of sucked because we didn't have a fire extinguisher. Now lets get not hijack this thread too much ok bro...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:11:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By SINGLE_SHOT:

Yeah, that would of sucked because we didn't have a fire extinguisher. Now lets get not hijack this thread too much ok bro...

god damned thread terrorists.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:18:42 AM EST
If a state says you can't use your CCW, you can always call highway patrol for that state and ask what there regs are for driving through. Some states a gun must be in a locked box with the ammunition in a seperate compartment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:08:28 AM EST
Just don't tell anyone...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:20:06 AM EST
Stick the thing under the seat and don't worry about it unless you intend to transport some dope.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:21:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By bruh44:
If a state says you can't use your CCW, you can always call highway patrol for that state and ask what there regs are for driving through. Some states a gun must be in a locked box with the ammunition in a seperate compartment.

Good advise, might want to remove all the bling bling (what-ever) you have from car and self if you an affectionado in that sort of art form (PC). Another is the tint on your windows can cause problems remember profiling is alive and well.
Top Top