Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 8:51:16 PM EDT
Too tired to get into specifics but two different incidents in the last few weeks.  Both times they used their vehicles to try and put me in the retaining wall.  

Unfortunately both times I spent more time getting out of the way to get a LP or anything.  The cop in me wanted to chase em down but being in my personal truck that ain't happening.  

One day these guys are going to get capped by someone.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why aren't you at Gunstock?

Yeah no shit
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah no shit

+1

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Having been involved in a road rage incident myself, I agree people need to chill out.  Most people have good impulse control but you push the wrong buttons on some people and they go beserk.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
As a cop off duty cant you tail them and call it in and have an officer dispatched to pull them over?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
he's not the only one, unfortunately...I couldn't go today or yesterday....still hopeful for tomorrow....Russell
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cause I just spent all my money on lasik, oral surgery, braces, and trying to get on with another police agency and when I do I'm gonna have to move in another month and a half and that's going to cost money.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As a cop off duty cant you tail them and call it in and have an officer dispatched to pull them over?

Yeah I could but when they are doing 85+ weaving in and out of traffic I'm not playing cop.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I could but when they are doing 85+ weaving in and out of traffic I'm not playing cop.

arent you supposed to be at gunstock??
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I get angry behind the wheel, but I never act on it.  But, I would LOVE to have a 60 mounted on my dash on a monopod and a cut out in the windshield so I could swivel it around a little bit.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:35:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I ride a motorcycle.  People are nuts and could care less.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:48:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I find the title "Road rage is getting out of control" to be one big PUN, and I'm not at gunstock, either!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I find the title "Road rage is getting out of control" to be one big PUN, and I'm not at gunstock, either!

This would be the nature of the Beast.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#16]
On friday I was driving home and for no reason at all, the ugy behind me beeps his horn and waves his hand around.  He then changes to the left lane and glares at me so I glare back.  This is all in the middle of the city so further ahead theres traffic.  

White stopped at the lights behind some other cars, with him in the lane next to me, all of a sudden he starts beeping away at the car in front of him for no reason and swearing at him.

I bloody lost it at that point.  Note I have NEVER lost it before and im the type of driver who almost never horns unless its absolutely necessary.  I yelled "Whats your fuking problem?" at him.

Funny thing is, his lane was really slow so he ended up being realy delayed ehehehe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Some of us have lives we have to live and jobs we have to report to.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cause I just spent all my money on lasik, oral surgery, braces, and trying to get on with another police agency and when I do I'm gonna have to move in another month and a half and that's going to cost money.  

Oh come on!  Thats nowhere near being a valid excuse!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
One of our officers (in uniform on his way home) was rammed by a guy in a road rage incident. Started because he merged into traffic in front of him.  

Since the officer was driving a 3/4 ton 4x4 and the  idjit was driving  a Saturn,  things came out a little unequal.  

Had a victim SHOOT at a guy that repeatedly tried to squeeze him into the retaining wall.  Even after taking most of a magazine from a .40 Glock  (all over his car) the guy kept trying.

BTW:  It's my day off, Gunstock is 73 miles away,  and I'm not going either.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Honestly if someone is using a 1/2 ton vehicle to try and ram you into the wall then as far as I'm concerned that is a deadly threat and deadly weapon.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I understand why people get pissed behind the wheel. Most people out there don't realize the left lane is the fast lane. If you look in you're rear view and see a mile long line behind you get the fuck out of the way. I understand if you want to do the speed limit just do it in the slow lane. And all the dumb asses on their cell phones, what the hell is there so much to talk about. Urban sprawl has got the roads clogged and every year they're more and more dumb asses on the streets. Sometimes I wish driving was like the game twisted metal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]
What the hell are all you shit-for-brains whining about anyway....

Oh wait, I forgot that I'm not in my car...

Hang on a minute and I'll be properly situated to carry on with my belligerent comments, what with my cell phone glued to my ear as I sit in my car...

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
One observation I have made in five years of observing traffic from the air is that during rush hour, just leave early enough to make it to work doing the speed limit and you almost always will. The right lane will often beat the left lane it just doesn't accellerate and decelerate as much. Just an observation. If you want to get across town fast.... fly. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top