Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 12:21:14 PM EDT
Link

WHAT'S CAUSING MUSLIM NATIONS TO HAVE SERIOUS GENDER-IMBALANCES IN THEIR POPULATIONS?

The Economist publishes a fascinating little booklet with all sorts of fascinating facts and figures about a variety of things. It's titled, "POCKET WORLD IN FIGURES", 2005 Edition; Profile Books; London; 2005.

I just got one. I found an interesting chart on page 24 - a page titled, "Men and Women." The chart I found most interesting is one of three on the page; it's called, "Most male populations." It's sub-titled, "Number of males per 100 females."

Of the thirty (30) nations on the list (being the thirty with the greatest IMBALANCE, with far more men than women - and far more than might be expected if there were no intervention - 20 of them are predominantly Muslim (or with a very large Muslim segment of the population).

The most imbalanced is (at #1) the UAE [189 males per 100 females], followed by Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia [117 males /100 females], and then non-Muslim Guam, followed by #8 Jordan, followed by non-Arab - but Muslim Brunei, Sri Lanka, Libya, and then non-Muslim Polynesian & Papua, followed by Muslim (but non-Arab) Afghanistan, followed by India (which has a very large Muslim population), and then China [where we KNOW they practice female infanticide - 106 males/100 females], then Muslim Bangladesh, non-Muslim New Caledonia, then Muslim Pakistan, Muslim and European Albania, non-Muslim Nepal, then Cote d'Ivoire (which has a significant Muslim population), and then Taiwan and Costa Rica and Fiji, then Muslim Gaza and Muslim West Bank, Muslim Iran, Muslim Malaysia, and Muslim Yemen [103 males/100 females] .

Twenty of the thirty nations with severe imbalances -- which cannot be explained by natural forces, but which are most likley the result of direct, human intervention -- are Muslim. Another indication that there is a connection between this imbalance and Islam is the fact that (according to another chart on the same page in the same booklet) of thirty (30) nations with imbalances which FAVOR women, only ONE (1) is predominantly Muslim or has a significant Muslim minority.

bashing aside, could a shortage of women in Muslim cultures be driving the young'uns to kb themselves (since they might have less of a chance at finding a mate on this Earth) or is it  a culture gone mad, where women are dispatched with seemingly alarming regularity?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That's why they have such a high rate of homesexuality and nervous goats.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
So much for the make love not war tactic... fullclip
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's true, anal reconstruction surgery is a frequently performed procedure in many ME countries.

They are a sad, failed and very dangerous society.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's true, anal reconstruction surgery is a frequently performed procedure in many ME countries.

I know. I used to work with a shitload of them fuckers back in the early 90s. They were all gay as hell and thiefs too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What's up with a few polynesian countries on that list - Guam, Fiji?   Maybe just small populations.

My guess would also be female infanticide, as well as laws that look the other way if fathers or husbands feel like "honor killing" their daugthers or wives.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think the reason that they have few women is that the women are fleeing that part of the world. Just remember folks, oppressed woman worldwide dream about being rescued by an American GI.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What's up with a few polynesian countries on that list - Guam, Fiji?   Maybe just small populations.

My guess would also be female infanticide, as well as laws that look the other way if fathers or husbands feel like "honor killing" their daugthers or wives.

I strongly suspect female infanticide and very poor treatment of young female children is exactly the problem... caused by the total disdain in which woman are held in many of those cultures.

What other explanation could there be for such a wide spread phenomenon.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know. I used to work with a shitload of them fuckers back in the early 90s. They were all gay as hell and thiefs too.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#12]
A lot of oil rich nations have large numbers of imported foreign workers. Many of these workers (I am assuming) are male because of the physical nature of the work they do. I have a feeling this may be a part of it, especially in the UAE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top