Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/2/2002 6:37:57 AM EST
If you haven't read this, please do. It's an Acrobat file, so you have to have Adobe Acrobat to read it. It was originally published in [i]Shotgun News[/i]. The Editors Note is as follows:
We in the gun community are fond of saying that the Second Amendment guarantees Americans the means to overturn a tyrannical government. The words of the Founding Fathers prove they intended an armed citizenry serve as a check on government power. Gun owners have tended, however, to avoid discussing the question that must inevitably follow. What oppressions by the state make an armed uprising morally right? I asked several writers to address this question, and most instinctively shied away. It's not an easy or comfortable topic. Clayton Cramer, however, is not one to let a tough topic dissuade him, as readers of [i]SHOTGUN NEWS[/i] columns know well. What follows may provoke you or disturb you, but these are words that needed to be written and need to be read.
View Quote
I concur. [url=www.claytoncramer.com/RightsAndRevolution.PDF]It's here.[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:00:33 AM EST
KBaker: Great article. Thanks for the heads-up. A very good observation. It is amazing how much more moral people can be if they know that immorality will have painful consequences.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:43:06 AM EST
Bump. This is (IMHO) opinion, important.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:13:12 AM EST
very nice article. BTW you should post it over on DU, if you still go there. I stopped after I was busted for calling a mod a hypocrite, doenst matter that he WAS a hypocrite, just the fact that i called him on it. Had 600 hundred something posts too, was fun argueing with them and making them admit they were wrong.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:27:26 AM EST
Yes it is fun![8D] I'm not going to post this there, though, because they absolutely will [i]not[/i] get it. I'm leading a few, gently, towards reality I hope. This would just put them completely off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:08:33 PM EST
BTT one last time.
Top Top