Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2002 7:37:57 AM EDT
If you haven't read this, please do.  It's an Acrobat file, so you have to have Adobe Acrobat to read it.  It was originally published in [i]Shotgun News[/i].  The Editors Note is as follows:

We in the gun community are fond of saying that the Second Amendment guarantees Americans the means to overturn a tyrannical government.  The words of the Founding Fathers prove they intended an armed citizenry serve as a check on government power.  Gun owners have tended, however, to avoid discussing the question that must inevitably follow.  What oppressions by the state make an armed uprising morally right?  I asked several writers to address this question, and most instinctively shied away.  It's not an easy or comfortable topic.  Clayton Cramer, however, is not one to let a tough topic dissuade him, as readers of [i]SHOTGUN NEWS[/i] columns know well.  What follows may provoke you or disturb you, but these are words that needed to be written and need to be read.
View Quote
I concur.

[url=www.claytoncramer.com/RightsAndRevolution.PDF]It's here.[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#1]
KBaker: Great article. Thanks for the heads-up.

A very good observation.
It is amazing how much more moral people can be if they know that immorality will have painful consequences.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump.  This is (IMHO) opinion, important.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]
very nice article.

BTW you should post it over on DU, if you still go there.  I stopped after I was busted for calling a mod a hypocrite, doenst matter that he WAS a hypocrite, just the fact that i called him on it.  Had 600 hundred something posts too, was fun argueing with them and making them admit they were wrong.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is fun![8D]  

I'm not going to post this there, though, because they absolutely will [i]not[/i] get it.  

I'm leading a few, gently, towards reality I hope.

This would just put them completely off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT one last time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top