Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 9:57:35 AM EDT
I need to find a box to have a friend ship a rifle in.  Anybody got a source for singles?  Brownell's only sells multiples, and my local dealers are out.

Thanks,

Michael
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
"Buying" cardboard boxes has always struck me as curious. Buying one and having it shipped to me is a step beyond.

Go to Sam's Club and get a mess of those 4x4' cardboard skid squares.  Wrap the rifle in plastic, then start rolling it up in the corrugated cardboard. Mummify it in fiberglass reinforced packing tape (so that it looks like a cardboard sausage with smooshed ends).

Put some more tape on it the long way. Tape is cheap.

Next?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
UPS Store has different length boxes. Might find one long enough.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
the last time i needed a box i went to my local ffl and asked if they had any extra laying in back.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I needed one so I could ship my upper to ADCO for some work. I decided that was a great excuse to get a .50 Beowulf upper. When the Beowulf showed up, I put my other upper in the box and off it went.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a new rifle and have it sent to you.

Take your new rifle out of the box

Put the other rifle in the box and ship.

Your happy (new rifle)  friend is happy (rifle shipped).  how is this a bad idea?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe flourescent light boxes from Home Depot would work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy a CMP Garand, they ship in the coolest boxs.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used "assembly required" shelving unit boxes from Home Depot/Wally World.

BTW, what's the best way to discourage tampering when shipping a rifle in a Pelican/Starlight case? Is it common practice to put a padlock on them and mail the key to the purchaser separately, or do ya'll just wrap a buttload of packing tape around the circumference?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top