Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2012 5:30:41 AM EDT
Linkee

What better way to relax and prepare for the night's shitstorm?

Rick Perry Unwinds Before New Hampshire Debate At Texas Shooting Range

Ready, aim fire. That’s apparently Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s idea of relaxation before returning to the campaign trail this weekend.

Ahead of Saturday night’s ABC News-Yahoo-WMUR debate in New Hampshire Perry took a few moments to himself at an Austin-area shooting range.

“Just relaxing a bit @ Red’s Range before we leave for New Hampshire!” @governorperry tweeted Friday along with a photo of himself wearing a green sweatshirt and a baseball cap with a firearm in hand.

On the campaign trail, Perry, a staunch defender of second amendment rights, has not been shy about talking about his “long love affair” with guns.

“It was a long love affair with a boy and his gun that turned into a man and his gun, and it turned into a man and his son and his daughter and their guns,” Perry told reporters before a pheasant hunting trip with Iowa Rep. Steve King in October. “It’s, I think, one of the great American traditions is taking your family hunting.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Many of you don't like Perry but you've got to give credit where credit is due: when it comes to guns and the 2A, he walks the walk, bigtime.

CMOS

PS: for the record, he's a pretty good governor of Texas. Not perfect, but he has my support over the others...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:31:25 AM EDT
In before the Bots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:31:42 AM EDT
Godspeed, Governor.

You may well be our last best hope.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:33:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:34:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:34:26 AM EDT
Again? He really loves that range.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:35:45 AM EDT

And that bullet landed in which kid's head? Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:36:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CMOS:
...Many of you don't like Perry but you've got to give credit where credit is due: when it comes to guns and the 2A, he walks the walk, bigtime....

Absolutely. I trust him WRT RKBA issues.

I'm just worried America would still gonna go bankrupt under him (and perhaps it might under anyone).
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:37:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR45fan:

I bet it was a blank. No, I have no proof.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:37:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 5:38:34 AM EDT by MTUSA]
I shoot at that range on occasion...

Too bad the dope smokers and atheists won't vote for him...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:38:41 AM EDT
Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:39:13 AM EDT

You're right, stupid is as stupid does. Aides indicated that he was shooting blanks. Have a good morning!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:39:51 AM EDT
I would like to have seen the target(s) he was shooting!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:41:03 AM EDT
A pistol?

No OBR?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:41:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:48:02 AM EDT

Yep, lets just keep finding reasons to hate the best Candidate we've had in 8 (eight) years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 5:51:02 AM EDT by 1srelluc]
Beats the shit out of a round of golf.

Maybe if he wins he will have a indoor range installed in the WH. I won't hold my breath.

If I were POTUS I'd spend my free time at Mt. Weather here in Virginia.....They have a range and great views.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:51:05 AM EDT
Hopefully he can turn his campaign around and gain some ground...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:52:37 AM EDT

Um, you're from OHIO? And you know what of Perry's performance as the longest serving governor in Texas history? [crickets]

Although he's certainly not perfect, there's a reason he's been elected so many times: he's done a pretty good job. Texas has been rated the #1 business-friendly state in the nation for YEARS. Again, there's a reason for that.

Might want to consider some of this before posting Skippy.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:53:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By david_g17:
...Many of you don't like Perry but you've got to give credit where credit is due: when it comes to guns and the 2A, he walks the walk, bigtime....

Absolutely. I trust him WRT RKBA issues.

I'm just worried America would still gonna go bankrupt under him (and perhaps it might under anyone).

It's one of the things that separates him from the other candidates to me. Unfortunately I think he has an uphill battle though. What I've always liked about him is that he seems the more normal of all of the candidates. I can't ever picture Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich in a sweatshirt and ball cap at the range, unless it was a staged photo op.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:54:41 AM EDT
completely and utterly unelectable because he lost a debate and tried to make a vaccine mandatory.

/sarcasm
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:08:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:09:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MTUSA:

Yup, and there are plenty of them on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:21:08 AM EDT
Well, after Cain dropped out, I am looking at supporting him again.

In my opinion, his problem is that he sounds like Gorge W. Bush speaking. I'm a W supporter...except for his shameful spending....and I know how intelligent W is. He was not a good orator. That's it and that's all.

Perry comes across the same way. I believe his poor speaking skills is what killed him in this race. If he can work on that, and it's a big IF, he may get some traction.

My $.02.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:26:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Pond_Scum:
Originally Posted By MTUSA:

Yup, and there are plenty of them on ARFCOM.

Actually, yes there are. Don't forget the drunks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:39:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 6:40:17 AM EDT by AR45fan]

Um, you're from OHIO? And you know what of Perry's performance as the longest serving governor in Texas history? [crickets]

Although he's certainly not perfect, there's a reason he's been elected so many times: he's done a pretty good job. Texas has been rated the #1 business-friendly state in the nation for YEARS. Again, there's a reason for that.

Might want to consider some of this before posting Skippy.

CMOS

I offered no opinion on his politics. We have had several stories lately of people being struck with bullets fired into the air recently. Amish girl here in Ohio close to where I live for one. You may have read about it. THAT is all I was commenting on. Shooting into the air is stupid. People who do it are stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:41:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:46:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I offered no opinion on his politics. We have had several stories lately of people being struck with bullets fired into the air recently. Amish girl here in Ohio close to where I live for one. You may have read about it. THAT is all I was commenting on. Shooting into the air is stupid. People who do it are stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

For goodness sakes! It was loaded with blanks.

People in the GD don't readz varry goodz. Apparently we need to make that point bold and flashing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:50:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:50:22 AM EDT

Now why oh why would facts and shit matter?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:53:34 AM EDT

Maybe if you did a "box of truth" with blanks he would understand O_P
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:06:11 AM EDT
If it wasn't for the whole "Send illegals to college for free" thing I would vote for him in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:13:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bluetick357:
If it wasn't for the whole "Send illegals to college for free" thing I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Free? Who said that? That was RESIDENCY for IN-STATE TUITION. Not free.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:17:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:19:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 7:23:39 AM EDT by BigBore45]
Yes,right now he is the best choice. I truly hope that God does bless Texas by sending a third Texan to the
white House in November
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:23:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tothemax:

This !

I can't stand Mitt Commie.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:25:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
Originally Posted By Keith_J:

THERE you are. Where the hell have you been?
Fighting entropy. And gravity. More rewarding than straightening out MSM-addled idiots.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:26:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tothemax:

Agreed, if he's still around when the GA. Primaries roll around I may vote for him. Debate performance won't matter in the general because team Obama won't agree to anything remotely equal; this could play to Perry's advantage. No doubt in my mind Perry has the goods to contrast against Obama, sure there issues I don't agree with him on but I think he has the ability to make a positive difference.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:28:53 AM EDT

Then I guess I have to take it back although....

A: I guess I missed NRA Gun Safety Rule #4 - "Unless there's blanks in it."

B: There are only three NRA gun safety rules. Of course Governor Perry can only remember two things at a time.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:29:22 AM EDT
I hope he makes it. He seems to be the best candidate there is.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:29:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 7:31:50 AM EDT by Plumbata]
Perry is pretty good shot and a hell of a lot safer than any random number of GD'ers around firearms. I guarantee he inspected those blanks himself to make sure.

I've shot beside him on several occasions. He's a regular at Reds. Damn good with a pistol. His kid is no slouch with a rifle either.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:31:09 AM EDT

If it's an anchor baby, no one on this site will care, right?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:31:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

THERE you are. Where the hell have you been?
Fighting entropy. And gravity. More rewarding than straightening out MSM-addled idiots.

Come on man...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:32:42 AM EDT
Please vote for him to make it easier for Obama. Doesn't matter the refund are done in 12.... Maybe 16
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:32:46 AM EDT

B: There are only three NRA gun safety rules. Of course Governor Perry can only remember two things at a time.

I'd like to give you a big manly slap on the shoulder and share a beer with you. But I can not possibly agree that firing a blank into the air as part of a public political presentation is bad or irresponsible, in fact, I can only consider it absolutely awesome and frankly it seems to be a clear "in your face, Brady bunch" message.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:34:56 AM EDT
I'd have no problem voting for him over zero.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:36:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By magichat01:
Please vote for him to make it easier for Obama. Doesn't matter the refund are done in 12.... Maybe 16

Ohio wins again
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:40:05 AM EDT
I would vote for him in a heartbeat, the only knock on him is the tuition for illegals thing,(fed gov wont do anything with 'em so might as well try to educate those that want it so they're successful!) either way he's a hell of a lot better than the crackpot or the commie!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:42:00 AM EDT
I'm really not sure why Rick Perry felt the need to go to a gun range. He shot himself in the foot plenty of times during all the campaign debates.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 7:44:24 AM EDT by tgif]

Nancy, yeah you, enough already, we get it, you dont like him.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:44:24 AM EDT
My Governor is a fine man. He is the best Republican candidate.

While I rag on him, I agree. Sadly, his debate abilities are rough, and in front of Obama, he'd be beat down.

Whomever challenges Obama will have hard questions to answer courtesy of the left wing media, and Obummer will get the softball ones. He'll be starting at a serious disadvantage, sadly enough.

Perry/Cain 2012!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top