Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2002 9:30:19 AM EDT
Have you read this book?  If you have, please tell us the secrets!

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
geez.  it's not that long of a book.  you could read it in a day.

basic points:  no one gets finanically independent by working for someone else.  bringing home a paycheck doesn't cut it.

residual income is the key.

the average worker puts in his time for money.  if he stops putting in his time, he stops getting money.

finanical independence results when the non-average person invests time and money in the present so that he can quit inputting time and still receive money off his initial efforts in the future.

that's the long and short of it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks ARLady,

I'm getting the book this pm, I just couldn't wait!

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
satcong-- email your address to me and i'll send ya the damn book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks ARLady,

I'm getting the book this pm, I just couldn't wait!

View Quote

oh, sorry.  i thought you wanted the info without going through the hassle of reading the book.  

disregard the bitchy part of my previous post then.  sorry again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Rainman!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Ooh ooh
You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch
There ain't no tellin' who you might meet
A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief...

--Carwash
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I finished reading this book about a week ago.  There is no secret.  I felt like the book was more motivational than informative.

If you've gotten far enough in your financial education to want to read this book, you probably don't [I]need [/I] the information in it.

I'd still recommend it though, because it has been a strong motivator.

People who read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" also recommend "The Millionaire Next Door", okay, maybe it's just me.  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I finished reading this book about a week ago.  There is no secret.  I felt like the book was more motivational than informative.

If you've gotten far enough in your financial education to want to read this book, you probably don't [I]need [/I] the information in it.

I'd still recommend it though, because it has been a strong motivator.

People who read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" also recommend "The Millionaire Next Door", okay, maybe it's just me.  [:D]
View Quote

it's not a secret as in only a few people know about it.  it's a secret in that only a few people practice it.

something like only 5% of the population ever reaches financial independence, meaning that they never have to work another day in their life once they decide to "retire."  period.  FIVE PERCENT.  you'd think if it were "common" knowledge that more people would be doing it.

and investing is only part of the picture!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top