Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 6:10:08 AM EDT

Anyone out there with a bedrug instead of a normal plastic drop-in bedliner, or line-x/rhinoliner?

My 2004 Dodge Quadcab Shortbed has the factory plastic crappy liner, and I really want to swap it out...I see bedrugs on Ebay for $300 including shipping. I've heard a lot of nice things about bedrugs, but I've also heard lots of nice things about line-x and rhinoliner applications as well.

Anyone have experience with bedrugs? Are they worth the $300, or is it worth the $600+ it'll probably cost me around here to get my bed line-x'd or rhinolinered? (Not to mention the hour+ it'll take to get to any place around here that's an authorized seller/applicator of either, anyway...)

Once I swap out the bed liner with any of the above, it's tonneau cover shopping time. That'll be my next question (No, not shopping for a hard cover; I might have to cart tall crap around and a hard cover will only get in the way..)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
had a rhino liner, it was good. curently have line-x, different, but just as good. IMO spray in bedliner is mandatory.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Line x is my fave.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Spray on is the way to go.  No chance for mostiure to get under it.  Line-X is the Sh*t on turd island.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Yah, but how do bedrugs stack up against them?

A bedrug will be cheaper for me to purchase, I can install it myself, and it seems like it'd be softer (read: easier on the knees) than either rhino or line-x...

Not to mention I think it looks pretty damn spiffy

Anyone have a bedrug? Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never seen a BedRug up close, but I can't imagine why that would be better for normal uses of a pickup.  All of the other solutions I have had at one time or the other.

Line-X works best for my needs.  Got it 6 or so months ago for under $300.  Very tough stuff.

DanM
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of bed rug. What is it, a mat or something?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Spray on is the way to go.  No chance for mostiure to get under it.  Line-X is the Sh*t on turd island.

'Splain, please.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Never heard of bed rug. What is it, a mat or something?

It's a soft plastic/closed-cell-foam bedliner. Totally waterproof, soft, chemical and smellproof, etc. Google has lots of info on it. It won't scratch a bed like a hard plastic liner will.

The main reason(s) I'm hesisitant about getting my truck line-x's or rhinolinered is because the closest place to get it done, for either product, is over an hour away. Not only that, but I'd be stuck there all day while they do this...and, it's more expensive around here than a bedrug would cost.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I liked LineX because it had a smoother surface than the Rhino. (Rhino may have changed this recently) Plus LineX supported the Indy 1500 gun show.  I met them there and had mine done in Indy.  Over on the west side.  Great folks.

I have tried mats, plastic liners too.  Spray in done by a pro is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for Line-X. It's what I used on my truck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got Rhinoliner and have abused the shit out of it.  it's not holding up.  My friends LineX on the other hand...  If I had to do it over again, I'd get a LineX.  It's a harder compound and doesn't flake up like my Rhinoliner has.  

Dg84
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've got Rhinoliner and have abused the shit out of it.  it's not holding up.  My friends LineX on the other hand...  If I had to do it over again, I'd get a LineX.  It's a harder compound and doesn't flake up like my Rhinoliner has.  

Dg84

Thanks..that's the first actual real assessment I've ever heard about Rhino's toughness. Everyone I've read basically treated line-x vs. rhino as a Ford vs Chevy thing...if it's not holding up for you, then, I guess if I need to get a spray-on, I'll be kinda forced to go line-x...

So, no one's got a bedrug, huh. Ah well, thought I'd get opinions...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dg84

Thanks..that's the first actual real assessment I've ever heard about Rhino's toughness. Everyone I've read basically treated line-x vs. rhino as a Ford vs Chevy thing...if it's not holding up for you, then, I guess if I need to get a spray-on, I'll be kinda forced to go line-x...

So, no one's got a bedrug, huh. Ah well, thought I'd get opinions...

I'm just telling ya how I see it.  Most of the damage to my liner is my own fault.  I strap down my sport quad with the bumper against the back of the bed and have rubbed a patch off down the to metal.  That said, I don't think LineX would rub like that.  The part that upsets me is I can stand in my bed, rub my boot on the liner, and little beads peel up.  That SHOULDN'T happen!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, my Line-X liner is guaranteed forever.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Supposedly Line-X uses their compound for more than truck beds.. including spraying it on building's walls so if it was ever blown up or tried to be blown up the lineX would keep most if not ALL of the fragments contained.  They demonstrated this on either discovery channel or history channel.  They got a cinder block and dropped it 2 stories onto asphalt.  It shatters everywhere of course.  They spray another cinder block with LineX and drop it.  It hits and bounces about 2 feet and comes to rest with just a dent on the corner but still held all 100% of its weight.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Splain, please.

The Shit, The bee-knees, great, the best, tits, it Rocks, etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Line-X.  Had mine for about three years now.  I beat the hell out of my truck and toss everything you can imagine in the back...tools, rip-rap, trees, mulch, lumber...it don't matter.  That is some tough stuff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Rhino is what I have had for almost 3 years.... no problems what so ever for me....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Splain, please.

The Shit, The bee-knees, great, the best, tits, it Rocks, etc.

Gotcha.  I misunderstood because I work on turd island and my job is to shovel shit and I'm not accustomed to that being a good thing.  

This is a very helpful thread for me.  I have a new 20 foot flat bed goosneck trailer that desperately needs paint.  The frame & structure is about to get a coat of DuPont industrial epoxy (rated for continuous saltwater immersion like on offshore oil rigs), but that's too slick for the diamond plate deck.  Now I'm thinking that Line-X is the way to go on the deck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#20]
There is absolutly no comparison between rhino and line-X.

LINE-X is FAR superior. Dont take my word for it go look and inspect both. You will quickly see the difference and come to the same conclusion.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, my new 16' trailer has some type of spray on liner all over the undercarriage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top