Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 4:33:15 PM EST
I was driving into to town today and on the way out I saw a pickup truck I didnt recognize full of brush and debris heading in. I decided to turn around and see what he was up to although I was pretty sure.
By the time I got to where he was he had already dumped all his crap out on the ground. I just got out of my car and told him that this isnt a dump and to pick up his shit and get out before I call the police. Then I sat in my car and watched him while he picked it all up. It was very hot and and humid today.
When he was done he said "There. I cleaned it all up ok?" I said thats nice now get the hell out.
He pulled up to my car (I was on a cul-de-sac and he was just off the end dumping his shit about 100 ft away) obviously nervous that I was going to get his licence number and asked if I would back up. (I wasnt blocking him).
I just said no, I live here, this is my neighborhood, now get the hell out so he left. I couldnt get his number because he purposely left debris in front of it. I didnt really give a shit about his licence number but the whole thing pissed me off.
I am honest to God disapointed in humanity.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:38:10 PM EST
Shoulda made him pick up a little extra as a fine. You do realise that the asshole just went to another neighborhood and dumped it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:39:31 PM EST
Humanity is good. It is humanity's job to punish this behavior.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:40:21 PM EST
where in FL are you??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:41:59 PM EST
I live in a fairly wealthy area, not like Beverly Hills, CA or Wilton CT, but wealthy in relation to the surrounding areas. It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Same mentality, not illegal if I can get away with it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:42:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Shoulda made him pick up a little extra as a fine. You do realise that the asshole just went to another neighborhood and dumped it.

I'm not a cop or I would have shot his dog.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:47:59 PM EST
A long time ago, I knew this owner of a Yamaha shop. He was a real prick. One day he spotted this homeless dude taking a dump in the alley by the shop. He walks up, pulls a pistol on the bum, and said "pick that up". He made the bum pick up his shit and walk off down the street.

That's cold.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:54:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:55:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 4:56:21 PM EST by schornstinefager]

I'm not a cop or I would have shot his dog.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:57:43 PM EST
glad to see you wetherd the storm
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:02:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.

do you get free water??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:04:01 PM EST
Good job for sticking up for your neighborhood. Welcome back!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:07:05 PM EST

where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.

do you get free water??

Yep! Every afternoon all summer!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:19:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Not to condone what the jerk was doing or anything, but around here, a trip to the dump is approx. 20 miles (one-way), plus $20 for the privilege of putting a few nails through your Michelins and watching the seagulls poop on your hood...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:43:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By Skibane:

It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Not to condone what the jerk was doing or anything, but around here, a trip to the dump is approx. 20 miles (one-way), plus $20 for the privilege of putting a few nails through your Michelins and watching the seagulls poop on your hood...

BFD. So what is your point then? I dont want to drive to the dump either but I really dont want his shit wrecking MY house during Ivan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:14 PM EST
My point was that not every part of the nation has a taxpayer-subsidized dump every 2.5 miles, like you whiney Florida pukes apparently do...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:21:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
A long time ago, I knew this owner of a Yamaha shop. He was a real prick. One day he spotted this homeless dude taking a dump in the alley by the shop. He walks up, pulls a pistol on the bum, and said "pick that up". He made the bum pick up his shit and walk off down the street.

That's cold.

Nah I bet it was probably pretty warm hot
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:22:25 PM EST

My point was that not every part of the nation has a taxpayer-subsidized dump every 2.5 miles, like you whiney Florida pukes apparently do...

So rent a dumpster rather than steal someone else's space in the one HE'S renting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:26:50 PM EST

What is your fucking problem? Are you making a joke? If you're not...then GFY. Dick.

<­BR>

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:08 PM EST
Captainpooby, good work keeping your neighborhood clean. Most people wouldn't have challenged that ass-- good for you for doing so!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:54:18 PM EST

[cough]ASSHOLE[/cough]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:02:26 AM EST
Where I live the government trash man picks up whatever I leave out at the curb (except excessive construction waste). Aftter the hurricane last year they hauled away all sorts of trees and branches.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:05:58 AM EST

Get trash pickup then...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:10:17 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last time I went to the dump, it was funded by me. It costs to dump in a landfill here in Fl.

And I may be whiney, but I am not a puke.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:16:26 AM EST

I was driving into to town today and on the way out I saw a pickup truck I didnt recognize full of brush and debris heading in. I decided to turn around and see what he was up to although I was pretty sure.
By the time I got to where he was he had already dumped all his crap out on the ground. I just got out of my car and told him that this isnt a dump and to pick up his shit and get out before I call the police. Then I sat in my car and watched him while he picked it all up. It was very hot and and humid today.
When he was done he said "There. I cleaned it all up ok?" I said thats nice now get the hell out.
He pulled up to my car (I was on a cul-de-sac and he was just off the end dumping his shit about 100 ft away) obviously nervous that I was going to get his licence number and asked if I would back up. (I wasnt blocking him).
I just said no, I live here, this is my neighborhood, now get the hell out so he left. I couldnt get his number because he purposely left debris in front of it. I didnt really give a shit about his licence number but the whole thing pissed me off.
I am honest to God disapointed in humanity.

That's littering, not reverse looting.

Reverse looting would be breaking into a store and stocking the shelves.....

Now THAT would be a story.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:26:58 AM EST

BFD. So what is your point then? I dont want to drive to the dump either but I really dont want his shit wrecking MY house during Ivan.

Amen to that. His debris could end up being 150 MPH missiles...

Bigfeet
Top Top