Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 5:33:15 PM EDT
I was driving into to town today and on the way out I saw a pickup truck I didnt recognize full of brush and debris heading in. I decided to turn around and see what he was up to although I was pretty sure.
By the time I got to where he was he had already dumped all his crap out on the ground. I just got out of my car and told him that this isnt a dump and to pick up his shit and get out before I call the police. Then I sat in my car and watched him while he picked it all up. It was very hot and and humid today.
When he was done he said "There. I cleaned it all up ok?" I said thats nice now get the hell out.
He pulled up to my car (I was on a cul-de-sac and he was just off the end dumping his shit about 100 ft away) obviously nervous that I was going to get his licence number and asked if I would back up. (I wasnt blocking him).
I just said no, I live here, this is my neighborhood, now get the hell out so he left. I couldnt get his number because he purposely left debris in front of it. I didnt really give a shit about his licence number but the whole thing pissed me off.
I am honest to God disapointed in humanity.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoulda made him pick up a little extra as a fine. You do realise that the asshole just went to another neighborhood and dumped it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Humanity is good.  It is humanity's job to punish this behavior.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
where in FL are you??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in a fairly wealthy area, not like Beverly Hills, CA or Wilton CT, but wealthy in relation to the surrounding areas.  It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Same mentality, not illegal if I can get away with it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shoulda made him pick up a little extra as a fine. You do realise that the asshole just went to another neighborhood and dumped it.

I'm not a cop or I would have shot his dog.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
A long time ago, I knew this owner of a Yamaha shop. He was a real prick. One day he spotted this homeless dude taking a dump in the alley by the shop. He walks up, pulls a pistol on the bum, and said "pick that up". He made the bum pick up his shit and walk off down the street.

That's cold.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm not a cop or I would have shot his dog.    
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
glad to see you wetherd the storm
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.

do you get free water??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Good job for sticking up for your neighborhood. Welcome back!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
where in FL are you??

Zephyrhills.

do you get free water??

Yep! Every afternoon all summer!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Not to condone what the jerk was doing or anything, but around here, a trip to the dump is approx. 20 miles (one-way), plus $20 for the privilege of putting a few nails through your Michelins and watching the seagulls poop on your hood...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It makes me sick when I see one of the locals throwing household trash (out of his brand new Grand Cherokee or Denali) into our corporate dumpsters on the weekend to try and save the $2 from the dump less than 10 miles away.

Not to condone what the jerk was doing or anything, but around here, a trip to the dump is approx. 20 miles (one-way), plus $20 for the privilege of putting a few nails through your Michelins and watching the seagulls poop on your hood...

BFD. So what is your point then? I dont want to drive to the dump either but I really dont want his shit wrecking MY house during Ivan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
My point was that not every part of the nation has a taxpayer-subsidized dump every 2.5 miles, like you whiney Florida pukes apparently do...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A long time ago, I knew this owner of a Yamaha shop. He was a real prick. One day he spotted this homeless dude taking a dump in the alley by the shop. He walks up, pulls a pistol on the bum, and said "pick that up". He made the bum pick up his shit and walk off down the street.

That's cold.

Nah I bet it was probably pretty warm hot
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My point was that not every part of the nation has a taxpayer-subsidized dump every 2.5 miles, like you whiney Florida pukes apparently do...

So rent a dumpster rather than steal someone else's space in the one HE'S renting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What is your fucking problem? Are you making a joke? If you're not...then GFY. Dick.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Captainpooby, good work keeping your neighborhood clean.  Most people wouldn't have challenged that ass-- good for you for doing so!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

[cough]ASSHOLE[/cough]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Where I live the government trash man picks up whatever I leave out at the curb (except excessive construction waste).   Aftter the hurricane last year they hauled away all sorts of trees and branches.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get trash pickup then...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#23]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Last time I went to the dump, it was funded by me. It costs to dump in a landfill here in Fl.

And I may be whiney, but I am not a puke.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I was driving into to town today and on the way out I saw a pickup truck I didnt recognize full of brush and debris heading in. I decided to turn around and see what he was up to although I was pretty sure.
By the time I got to where he was he had already dumped all his crap out on the ground. I just got out of my car and told him that this isnt a dump and to pick up his shit and get out before I call the police. Then I sat in my car and watched him while he picked it all up. It was very hot and and humid today.
When he was done he said "There. I cleaned it all up ok?" I said thats nice now get the hell out.
He pulled up to my car (I was on a cul-de-sac and he was just off the end dumping his shit about 100 ft away) obviously nervous that I was going to get his licence number and asked if I would back up. (I wasnt blocking him).
I just said no, I live here, this is my neighborhood, now get the hell out so he left. I couldnt get his number because he purposely left debris in front of it. I didnt really give a shit about his licence number but the whole thing pissed me off.
I am honest to God disapointed in humanity.

That's littering, not reverse looting.

Reverse looting would be breaking into a store and stocking the shelves.....

Now THAT would be a story.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BFD. So what is your point then? I dont want to drive to the dump either but I really dont want his shit wrecking MY house during Ivan.

Amen to that.  His debris could end up being 150 MPH missiles...

Bigfeet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top