Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:29:19 AM EST
Have a job coming up for a client where we'll be shooting stuff measured in millimeters, its going to be fun and challenging. We've done work for chip manufactures before so this is nothing new.

For the hell of it I threw our 50 on the end of our 100macro and damn this gets a very good results with little vignetting, so I think I'm going to use it for this shoot.

The two lenses stacked and focus stacking are getting me tack sharp images of nodes that measure 3mm.

If I get time today I'll post up some picks, not of my clients product but some random crap lying around the studio. We typically use extensions or preferably a bellows when doing this kind of stuff but we're going to use the lens stack for the hell of it.

You guys ever play with it? Honestly this is the first time I've even bothered to play around with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:05:17 AM EST
I had a reverser ring that I tried with a 50mm lens. It's been a while, but as I recall it worked pretty well. The working distance between the subject and the lens was very small, however, and focusing was also a bit of an issue, as the DOF was also very small. Never really used it for anything, though. Just played around with it some. I must have sold it, or given it away, because I sure as heck can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:43:28 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kekoa:
I had a reverser ring that I tried with a 50mm lens. It's been a while, but as I recall it worked pretty well. The working distance between the subject and the lens was very small, however, and focusing was also a bit of an issue, as the DOF was also very small. Never really used it for anything, though. Just played around with it some. I must have sold it, or given it away, because I sure as heck can't find it anywhere.
View Quote
DOF is amazingly small but focus stacking takes care of that. We will have to be within an inch or so of the product, not really an issue given its size.

This is only 3mm and I could actually get closer, but it shouldn't be needed, this will be more than enough to suit their needs.

Top Top