Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 3:46:44 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush opened a four-point lead on Democratic Sen. John Kerry the day after the final debate between the White House rivals, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Friday.

Reuters Article here

Bush led Kerry 48-44 percent in the latest three-day tracking poll, which included one night of polling done after Wednesday's debate in Tempe, Arizona. Bush led Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, by only one point, 46-45 percent, the previous day.

An improvement in Bush's showing among undecideds and a strong response from his base Republican supporters helped fuel the president's rise.

"The good news for the president is that he has improved his performance among the small group of undecideds," said pollster John Zogby, who found 6 percent of likely voters are undecided. "Nearly a quarter now say that he deserves to be re-elected, up from 18 percent in our last poll."

Zogby said the difference between Kerry's 79 percent support among Democrats and Bush's 89 percent support from Republicans also should be "worrisome" for Kerry in such a tight race.

"Kerry needs to close the deal with his fellow Democrats," Zogby said.

comment : DU on Suicide watch....... url below for your morning smile (please no hot-linking)

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1076778&mesg_id=1076778
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, even though Zogby is highly biased towards sKerry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

comment : DU on Suicide watch....... url below for your morning smile (please no hot-linking)

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1076778&mesg_id=1076778

Kool-Aid! Get ya ice-cold Kool-Aid heeeah!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
As much as they are biased, Zogby is the only polling agency that actually called Kerry and Edwards 1 and 2 in Iowa during the caucuses.  Everyone else called Dean and Gephardt with Kerry and Edwards 3 and 4.  

I always pay attention to Zogby's polling data
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Thats good to hear, however all of this talk of lawsuits after the elections esp. in Colorado has me worried.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thats good to hear, however all of this talk of lawsuits after the elections esp. in Colorado has me worried.

Lets win the election first, then we can win any lawsuit they bring.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets win the election first, then we can win any lawsuit they bring.

Exactly. Remember, if we win the election and they sue, who will look as if they are trying to steal it?

Not those with the votes (us), that's for sure!

ESPECIALLY if the ECV numbers are good!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread has been found to be in violation of the HiramRanger Pre-Dupage Prevention Act (HRPDPA) and as such should be locked and it's author sent to work for the sKerry Campaign!

Here is the Legitimate HR-Approved thread!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This thread has been found to be in violation of the HiramRanger Pre-Dupage Prevention Act (HRPDPA) and as such should be locked and it's author sent to work for the sKerry Campaign!

I call Bull Shit!  If HR wants to get the scoop on me he is going to have to get up earlier
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you see the line at the very end of the DU thread?  It said "Ignore this, Zogby is a right-wing polster".  HEHEHEHE  What tools!  Their so diluted they think Zogby is right wing.  What's that make me?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Lots of good stuff there... "Zogby is a right wing pollster. Ignore this."

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call Bull Shit!  If HR wants to get the scoop on me he is going to have to get up earlier

Sorry, HR's political experience outweighs your ability to get up earlier.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]

This is good news! I was starting to worry when Bush was down in the Zogby. Right or Left wing, the fact is Zogby has been extremely accurate in at least the last two presidential elections.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kool-Aid! Get ya ice-cold Kool-Aid heeeah!

SPEAK IT, OH MY SURFACE WARRIOR BROTHER!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did you see the line at the very end of the DU thread?  It said "Ignore this, Zogby is a right-wing polster".  HEHEHEHE  What tools!  Their so diluted they think Zogby is right wing.  What's that make me?

EVERYBODY is "RIGHT-WING" to the DU crazies!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted On DumbassesUnited:
ArkDem (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-15-04 09:43 AM
Response to Original message

56. Zogby is a right wing pollster. Ignore this.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#17]
The spread should be much wider, I expect W to have 55%

I can't believe the democRats are block voting for F'n sKerry
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Please read more of my posts. I think most will agree that I have made a significant Political Contribution here on Arfcom. If it is the general consensus that my posts are of no value, then I will cease and desist; otherwise I will continue to post, follow the rules, and expect the same from others.

No offense HR, just standing my ground with the newbies
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please read more of my posts. I think most will agree that I have made a significant Political Contribution here on Arfcom. If it is the general consensus that my posts are of no value, then I will cease and desist; otherwise I will continue to post, follow the rules, and expect the same from others.

No offense HR, just standing my ground with the newbies

Well... I meant his experiance in elections and such. But really I was just yankin your chain (hence the ) Post away! I love all the political posts, the more the better! I'ts the main reason I joined this board.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well... I meant his experiance in elections and such. But really I was just yankin your chain (hence the ) Post away! I love all the political posts, the more the better! I'ts the main reason I joined this board.

no harm...no foul

Go BUSH
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Dubya is going to need a 4 or 5 point margin just to overcome all the leftist voter fraud, 115% voter reg in big cities, and dem registered dead people.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#23]
i expect the popular vote to be incredibly close, but President Bush to win the electoral college with 300+
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top