Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/26/2006 7:49:35 AM EDT
www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

Interesting......

Sean
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2006 8:57:19 AM EDT by Manic_Moran]
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to light. I'm not convinced that the woman is the same one, and the caption error is typical of journalists of all sorts, which never surprises anyone. I doubt Reuters has the time to verify every photo they receive, it question is how they react to cases that are brought to life.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:55:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Manic_Moran:
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to life light.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:57:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By C-4:

It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to life light.

NTM

Ooops. Fixed.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2006 10:00:15 AM EDT by valheru21]

It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to light. I'm not convinced that the woman is the same one, and the caption error is typical of journalists of all sorts, which never surprises anyone. I doubt Reuters has the time to verify every photo they receive, it question is how they react to cases that are brought to life.

NTM

It is their job to report the truth. They can make time. One could argue that the military doesn't have time to worry about civilian casulties, but Reuters will be the first to crucify the military for any misstep. If we can make the time, they can make time. Deadlines are not excuses for slanderous reporting.
Matt
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 10:13:32 AM EDT
This was news two weeks ago…

Move along.

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 2:05:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
This was news two weeks ago…

Move along.

ANdy

Sooorry............I just got the email to the link today. :rolleyes:

Sean