Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:42:47 PM EDT
It wont do what they said it would. I bought a Husqvarna trimmer there Yesterday and used it for maybe 15 minutes before i found out the accessories on the box wont work with it. Anyone had any luck with getting a refund for something like this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:48:37 PM EDT
I returned a nail gun that I used for a day and was not happy with and had no problem.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:50:37 PM EDT
Bought a Dewalt SDS hammer drill there, Used it didn't work for me they were asses when i went to return it cause it was used.... ended up with manager saying it was ok but it took like 45 mins..... Id say stick to home depot nextime...good luck
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:54:39 PM EDT
I may or may not work for said home improvement retailer. If the attachments in the box don't match what it should have come with, take it back and exchange it or get a refund. It happens. Manufacturers package the wrong pieces with the wrong product, or completely leave them out on a somewhat regualr basis. Enough so that a position exists to coordinate the return of these items to the manufacturers for credit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 10:03:59 PM EDT by staraero]
It didn't come with it. I bought the trimmer and was going to order the attachment from someone on here but the trimmer wont work with it even tho it has the part number in the book and says it will on the box. Only reason i bought it from them was the only stocking dealer is a 70 mile one way drive from me. Now i wonder is the chainsaw the same or a different model for them to?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:04:43 PM EDT
Lowes will take anything back. I know this because more than once I have bought returned items that were missing shit or damaged.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:06:15 PM EDT
I worked for Lowe's before college in the tool dept a few years ago. As long as you have a receipt and whatever you bought, packaged or not, they should refund it. If they give you any crap just point out to them what is printed on the bottom of the receipt (or back? I can't remember).

I witnessed a bunch of people literally buy something just to do one job and Lowe's took it back. Roofing contractors would come in and buy a brand new framing nail gun, then the next day return a beat to shit rusted ass non working nail gun of the same model, claiming it was the one they bought the day before. Yea, Lowe's took it back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 10:16:22 PM EDT by kap_x]

Originally Posted By glockfan45:

Lowes will take anything back. I know this because more than once I have bought returned items that were missing shit or damaged.

This is correct. Lowe's will even return merchandise found only at home depot. I have seen them return a very old Makita drill (with chuck key) that was all rusted up, looked like it had been used and left out in the rain for 5 years.

I have seen people return roofing/flashing boots that had adhesive on the bottom, and had obviously been pulled off of a roof after having been up there for many years.

I have seen them return dozens of 5/4x6x16' boards that someone had sawn. They were about 1 or 2' long. (I.e. they built a deck, sawed off the overhang of the decking boards (making sure the tags were on that side), and returned the scraps.) Full price.

ESPECIALLY with a Husqvarna trimmer. This is a fairly high dollar item, and they want to keep you happy. If parts didn't work, they will return it––as they should, since your complaint is valid.

If you're exchanging it for another, I don't think you'll get any hassle whatsoever

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:18:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kap_x:

Originally Posted By glockfan45:

This is correct. Lowe's will even return merchandise found only at home depot. I have seen them return a very old Makita drill (with chuck key) that was all rusted up, looked like it had been used and left out in the rain for 5 years.
I have seen people return roofing/flashing boots that had adhesive on the bottom, and had obviously been pulled off of a roof after having been up there for many years.
I have seen them return dozens of 5/4x6x16' boards that someone had sawn. They were about 1 or 2' long. (I.e. they built a deck, sawed off the overhang of the decking boards (making sure the tags were on that side), and returned the scraps.) Full price.[
img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif[/img][img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif[/img]

ESPECIALLY with a Husqvarna trimmer. This is a fairly high dollar item, and they want to keep you happy. If parts didn't work, they will return it––as they should, since your complaint is valid.
If you're exchanging it for another, I don't think you'll get any hassle whatsoever

WTF? How stupid is Lowes?
Top Top