[#4]

oh hell yeah
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL....good luck with that one

View Quote
Not exactly practical but there are some vets living both here and Europe so if anything their expertise could be taught.

It's an interesting article but again not exactly practical.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I predict much fail if these tactics are used:

The strategy of the Selous Scouts was to conduct “pseudo-operations” (false flag) by pretending to be guerillas themselves and luring the true guerillas into ambushes or to gather intelligence about guerilla operations/tradecraft. The Selous Scouts would also attempt to turn captured guerillas making them “tamed terrs” and incorporating them into the unit.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I predict much fail if these tactics are used:

The strategy of the Selous Scouts was to conduct "pseudo-operations” (false flag) by pretending to be guerillas themselves and luring the true guerillas into ambushes or to gather intelligence about guerilla operations/tradecraft. The Selous Scouts would also attempt to turn captured guerillas making them "tamed terrs” and incorporating them into the unit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
The only problem with the idea is that the Scouts relied heavilly on turned/tamed terrorists as enablers to operate. While they never had any issues with them turning back on the unit, I would trust turned turned African marxists way before I trusted any "turned" haj monkey.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not exactly practical but there are some vets living both here and Europe so if anything their expertise could be taught.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....good luck with that one

It's an interesting article but again not exactly practical.
Some of those vets are still actively teaching, or were up to a short time ago. One of them, for instance, did a combat tracking school in the U.S.A.. Very highly regarded.

But even in Rhodesia, during the war, their tactics were controversial, to put it mildly. There will always be a certain segment of the population that will question tactics and strategies, no matter how successful they are. Those questions aren't necessarily a bad thing, unless they're an integral part of the whole 4GW field....and that's what it's always going to be, now.

The other thing about the Scouts and the way they fought was they were very tactical, low level fighters. (not low level meaning crappy, but they engaged in small unit actions almost exclusively).

I think the better way to go after ISIS would be wholesale assassination of the highest level officials. Not that that isn't being tried already, I'm sure

But I don't even know 1% of the story in that area. Neither do most people. And I'll bet that even the people that are very knowledgeable about the area have no chance of knowing exactly what's going on. Middle East. Been fucked up for thousands of years, and won't stop anytime soon. Best we can do is isolate it, and put up bleachers on the edge.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top