Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:20:16 AM EST
Anyone use a resume writing company? My wife is looking for one, she is an RN if someone knows a good one for a medical based resume. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:51 AM EST
they are usually not worth the money.

Search on amazon for a resume writing book instead
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:03:24 AM EST
Thanks will look at it, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the one she put together herself, but whatever makes her happy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:10:49 AM EST
Depends. I did my own for the first seven years of my career. Fourteen years later I would not consider not having it done professionally.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:30:59 PM EST
Bump for evening crew
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:33:31 PM EST
They are really not worth it.... There more than enough templates and examples online. I get to read a lot of them at work.... simple, plain, and concise usually get selected for further review.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:45:47 PM EST

• Have her contact a recruiter that places nurses for a fee. They'll write it up for her or give her pointers. Resume writers don't place people in jobs for a living they write nice, well written documents that read well to the person doing the buying. The people doing the hiring often time scoff at these masterpieces because they don't say anything about the persons skills, achievements, and/or accomplishments.
    Achievements and accomplishments are what employers are looking for e.g. what sets you apart from the person with a similar background. Look at it in this way...an acronym PAR. Problem, Action, Result. A problem was identified (by the employee or someone else- doesn't really matter), she took Action to resolve it; the outcome was X which Resulted in Y.
    If her resume has enough of these, it will stand out.
    Contact me through IM - I'm a recruiter and will walk you/her through it. Save your cash-buy more guns, ammo, or jewelry for her.
    Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Top Top