Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 11:23:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked this on another thread, is it possible for you to make HK style firearms?

As far as cash, you could take pre orders to fund the project. Since you would be honest about it up front it won't be like what Todd did.

Given that they are polymer anyway a US UMP & G36 clone should be easy. And would piss Todd off to NO END. Reason enough to do it.

I would buy a UMP clone that took high caps from you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I would buy one (UMP-clone) as well. Seems like you could overcome the shortfalls of the USC very easily (other than barrel length).

If you need help, I have lotsa design experience in several solid modeling packages [;)]

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would buy one (UMP-clone) as well. Seems like you could overcome the shortfalls of the USC very easily (other than barrel length).

If you need help, I have lotsa design experience in several solid modeling packages [;)]

View Quote

Actually carbine barrels never bothered me much and you could always register it as a SBR. In addition he could use a pinned open stock. and separate pistol grip. Design it to take Thompson mags(which are cheap and plentiful). Other than that he could use USC parts for barrels, internals, etc. right?

And of course it would be available in ANY color....
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
16" barrel... Absolutely! I think the idea is outstanding. It might even drive the cost of Thompson or grease gun mags up $2!

If it used the same trunnion as the UMP / USC, you could replace the barrel with a UMP barrel, and get the tax stamp.

Soooo... When does production start? I'll take mine in OD green, please...
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Make mine "evil" BLACK!

Garry you MUST find a way to do this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The trouble is money. The gun industry is in the crapper right now (come on people, buy guns!) so I am very cautious about sinking much into new products right now.

View Quote

Thanks for the reply.  I understand where you are coming from.  I hope you didn't think I was trying to be pushy.

I just wanted to let you know that if you did do some HK clone work, I would trust that you would do a great job, and you would have my support.  Plus, I'd love to see money go to a good guy like you, instead of a 5'2" troll.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, I have never been interested in a USC or a SL8, but with the proper work, I would love to have a UMP'ish clone, or a G36 clone built off of the USC and SL8.

A USC with grease gun mags would be nice.  Add a UMP style pinned open stock, a rebarreling (SBR), cut some vents in the forearm and finish it in black, and I'd take one.

Same as the SL8, with a G36 style pinned open stock, g36 optics and forearm, refinish black, a fake flash hider...  That would be nice.  A mag kit would be a plus, but I could live with a 10 rd SL8 with the above features.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#11]
"BTW, I have never been interested in a USC or a SL8, but with the proper work, I would love to have a UMP'ish clone, or a G36 clone built off of the USC and SL8."

Count me in on this also.  I would lay down the bucks for a G36 clone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Take replies to this "new" thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=46656[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top