Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:38:24 PM EDT
WHAT

THE

FUCK?!?  

www.journaltimes.com/articles/2006/01/07/local/iq_3844234.txt

A dirty business: Braun Road residents lash out at diaper dumper

By Janine Anderson

MOUNT PLEASANT - Jenny Van Pool wants to put a sign up on Braun Road near Interstate 94: "Want me to come take a dump in your yard?" She's upset over the dirty adult diapers that appear in the ditch on a regular basis. Friday afternoon there were nearly two dozen diapers clearly visible in the ditch and surrounding fields in the blocks of Braun Road east of Interstate 94.

Several months ago one of her neighbors put up a big wooden sign that read "Take your s*** home with you" that, for a time, effectively stopped the tide of diapers.

"As soon as it was removed, there were piles of them," Van Pool said. "Why should we living on our street have to pick up someone else's crap? You got to have gloves to pick them up. You got to have gloves. It's so nasty."

She and her future daughter-in-law, Sarah Renteria, got so sick of seeing the diapers on the roadside that they called The Journal Times. They don't know if whoever is leaving the diapers reads the paper, but they hope someone will say something and they will get embarrassed enough to knock it off.

"We know it's someone that regularly drives down there," Renteria said. "The diapers look exactly the same. They're big, huge white diapers, wrapped up. They're sitting there for so long they come apart."

The diapers appear in little piles, maybe six at a time, several days in a row. Sometimes they get cleaned up right away; others are left for months, torn open by animals and left decomposing on the side of the road.

"I won't even take a walk down there 'cause it's gross," Van Pool said.

They got curious about who was leaving the disgusting litter in their neighborhood and staked out the Braun Road overpass, but never caught anyone dumping a load of diapers.

"We have no clue," Renteria said. "It's a mystery. We never caught anyone. We kind of think it's happening at night. If they're picked up in the morning there's no more the rest of the day."

If Van Pool had caught anyone leaving the piles of diapers around, she would have taken action.

"I feel sorry if we catch the person," she said. "I'll pull their head off."

While they are angry about the human waste that litters their neighborhood, they are mystified about why the diapers keep appearing.

"The whole thing I don't get is why would you have poopy diapers in the car?" Renteria said. "You do not leave that in the car. Maybe it's because they're a little embarrassed (and don't want anyone to know they wear adult diapers). Maybe this is the next step to get them to have a little respect."
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.   That's just really sad.

-K
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
That is truly some surprising shit...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a crappy thing to do......sorry...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they are being delivered there.  Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top