Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/9/2001 3:02:07 AM EST
Anyone ever changed their CWP to a non-resident permit? I,ve recently moved from Florida (who I inderstand issues nonresident cards) to NC (who doesn't recognize any other states) and wonder if it is possible to change the status of my permit?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:27:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2001 9:25:01 AM EST by Dave_G]
Take a look at the back of your license. It says "Direct Inquiries To: Florida Department of State, Division of Licensing, Post Office Box 6687, Tallahassee, Florida 32314-6687 850/488-5381." I had a problem with mine and was perplexed as to how to correct it from California when I noticed the number on the back of the license and gave them a call. They are very nice, friendly people who will help you change the address on your license and your status to a non-resident, most likely, but not necessarily, over the phone. They can even send you a new license with your new address on it. My transaction took about five minutes and the new license showed up in two weeks. They will require a new fingerprint card every time you renew as a non-resident, and the fee will be a bit higher, but it's not really a big deal. Changing to a non-resident status may require the fingerprint card now, to make sure that they are talking with the actual licensee.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:00:05 PM EST
Are you planning on getting a NC Permit? I have one if you got any questions E-mail me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:34:20 AM EST
Thanks Dave_G and Adtecharms. I'll call today. Have already picked the CWP class we're going to take. Found a 4.5 hour class instead of the 12 hours. bulkhead
Top Top