Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 8:53:29 PM EDT
Oh, it did indeed kick ass.  Probably a dupe, but it ranks in the zombie movie realm.  Still like DotD better, but the "hot chicks with guns" factor was outstanding!  Go see it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw it, and I liked it!   A must see!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Story sucks, but it was entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was a little lame and outrageous. Mildly entertaining I guess.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait for Shaun of the Dead
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting on the 99 cent movie Im a cheapass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved the first one. This one, while almost completely different, is kick ass as well. Story transitions very nicely from the first one to the sequel
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't wait for Shaun of the Dead

Yeah, that looks like a keeper  that I am sure I will see....

When the DVD of DotD comes out I am throwing a zombie party, should be a good time.

I want a minigun like Nemesis has....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
going to see it tomorrow night with the wife.  we watched the first one the other night just for prep.

still, the greatest zombie movie ever is the original "night of the living dead".
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the first movie, but was disappointed by the second one. I would have preferred a more dark story driven movie with lots of zombie killing and not so much cheesy stunts and creatures.

1. As much as I like to see women dressed nicely and somewhat revealing at times.The choice of clothing was bad,especially when you are fighting zombies. If you knew that if you were bitten or even scratched by the zombies would you where skimpy clothing. (Valentine)

2. Wearing two pistols instead of one and then carrying more ammunition is a bad tactic. She should have been wearing a tactical vest bristling with magazines . (Valentine)

3. The motorcycle through the stained glass window was cheesy. How did she know what was going on in the church and what if there was a wall or column in the path after crashing through glass. (Alice)

4. I though the Nemesis creature looked like a left over Great Orc costume from Lord of the Rings.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As much as I like to see women dressed nicely and somewhat revealing at times.The choice of clothing was bad,especially when you are fighting zombies. If you knew that if you were bitten or even scratched by the zombies would you where skimpy clothing. (Valentine)

Thats why you sould keep many rools of ductape around the house, in case of zombies Im covering myself in atleast 3 layeers of ducttape for armor.

Plus wrapping your arm in it and then peeling it off makes for a fun hour.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Thats why you sould keep many rools of ductape around the house, in case of zombies Im covering myself in atleast 3 layeers of ducttape for armor.

Taxman, have you been sniffing the adhesive on generic brands of ductape waiting for the zombies to attack?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Taxman, have you been sniffing the adhesive on generic brands of ductape waiting for the zombies to attack?

No just my hands are hurting and I wish I was still at home asleep.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I thought it was a little lame and outrageous. Mildly entertaining I guess.

fan of the games huh.

I didnt care for it  having been a fan of the games I went in going ok i can forgive that I can forgive that but the Nemis with the chain gun and the final battle I just can not forgive it was utterly stupid.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
3. The motorcycle through the stained glass window was cheesy. How did she know what was going on in the church and what if there was a wall or column in the path after crashing through glass. (Alice)

Spoilers below!
I found myself asking this question as well. Out of nowhere, Alice comes flying through the stained glass window at what looks to be 2nd story height. WTF?! Does she setup a ramp and do this to random churches on a regular basis or something? Then the fact that it's timed perfectly so as to kill a super zombie jumping thing. That takes the cake. Didn't they watch myth busters about gas tanks being shot? This little motorcycle gas tank looked like it was a brick of C4 going off!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
this is the RE im used to

Resident Evil Plot outline

not the craptastic movies
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally quoted by Alien I found myself asking this question as well. Out of nowhere, Alice comes flying through the stained glass window at what looks to be 2nd story height. WTF?! Does she setup a ramp and do this to random churches on a regular basis or something? Then the fact that it's timed perfectly so as to kill a super zombie jumping thing. That takes the cake. Didn't they watch myth busters about gas tanks being shot?  This little motorcycle gas tank looked like it was a brick of C4 going off!

I agree 100%.

The movie had potential and there were some entertaining parts. Sometimes movie makers cater to a younger audience who will eventually see the movie as cheese when they get older. Of course the majority of the population does not understand tactics and weapons anyway so they will never get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top