Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/22/2017 2:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 2:34:09 PM EDT by cm]
rand paul is having a presser right now, to say he's not supporting many parts of it, calling much of it obamacare

4 senators saying the oppse it right now, including rand

Key Republican senators came out against the Senate Republican health care plan on Thursday, and their opposition is enough to defeat the package before a vote.

Sens. Rand Paul, R-Ky., Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said they would not vote on the Senate Republican plan.

"Currently, for a variety of reasons, we are not ready to vote for this bill, but we are open to negotiation and obtaining more information before it is brought to the floor," the statement said. "There are provisions in this draft that represent an improvement to our current health care system but it does not appear this draft, as written, will accomplish the most important promise that we made to Americans: to repeal ObamaCare and lower their health care costs."

Paul told reporters on Capitol Hill Thusday that if members who support the bill know they don't have the votes needed, discussion would begin earlier.

"I didn't run on ObamaCare lite," Paul said. "I think we can do better than this --my hope is not to defeat the bill, but to make the bill better."
View Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/22/senate-health-care-bill-4-key-republicans-come-out-against-gop-plan.html
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:44:01 PM EDT
It's also opposed by math as it does.nothing to the exponential growth of medical cost consuming theeconomy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:46:42 PM EDT
lol in on this one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:47:45 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cedjunior:
lol in on this one.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:48:05 PM EDT
... this Administration is smarter than this. Although conditions seems dire, I'm of the belief that America can overcome this to some equitable equilibrium that the majority can live with
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:50:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... this Administration is smarter than this. Although conditions seems dire, I'm of the belief that America can overcome this to some equitable equilibrium that the majority can live with
View Quote
Is it?  We keep continuing down the path of zerocare-lite.

JUST DROP THE ACT WASHINGTON.  REPEAL.....

Listen to those who aren't voting for it and pay attention to why.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 2:51:23 PM EDT by Frank_B]
This si the way it should be done, an original proposal put forth and debated openly, not rammed down people's throats the way Obamacare was. "'We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:52:53 PM EDT
These people will never get their shit together
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:53:06 PM EDT
REPEAL, then debate where to go from there all you want. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:54:03 PM EDT
BS, Ron Johnson from WI will vote for it if it comes up for a vote.  #fakenews
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:55:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Frank_B:
This si the way it should be done, an original proposal put forth and debated openly, not rammed down people's throats the way Obamacare was. "'We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."
View Quote
You forgot the pressers for grandstanding, that's very important too you know.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:56:09 PM EDT
Diminishes Medicaid and cuts taxes for the wealthy.  Removes mandate which is good and keeps pre-existing denial in which is also good but...

Look, I'm as conservative as anyone and I am 100% for the repeal of Obamacare and replacement....but this is garbage to be honest.   

I am disappointed that this is the GOP's effort. 

They know what needs to be done...they are just hell bent on making it worse. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:56:14 PM EDT
If those guys oppose it (the first three in particular), it's a shit bill. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:57:15 PM EDT
Repeal. Pass tort reform. Get the government out of this. Let people choose to buy what they want and decide they need. Also, and most importantly, DO NOT REQUIRE life saving care for anyone. Make bad decisions and not have insurance then you die, and no one else is left holding the bill.

Allow cross border insurance. Allow more canadian drugs. Infuse the econ with competition. Problem solved within 5 years and we would probably see in increase in the economy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:58:05 PM EDT
full repeal, then work on crossing state lines and other fun stuff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:58:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Subnet:
View Quote
Came here to post this
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
If those guys oppose it (the first three in particular), it's a ---- bill. 
View Quote
ditto
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:01:34 PM EDT
I'm going to wait to see what President Trump tweets about this proposed legislation before forming an opinion. Only he knows whether it is a good fit with his master plan to make America great again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:06:49 PM EDT
Wanna cut medical costs? Cut regulation in regards to insurance,  drugs and products, open more schools and cut times to MD, midlevels, RNs, medical staff and finally, let people die and those without insurance not get care. Seriously.

Increase supply, increase efficiency and decrease demand. Poof! Healthcare solved.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:06:56 PM EDT
at this point, Trump should hold the hiouse and senate in session over the summer, as long as it takes to come up with something that would work.

right now, it's the house special interest healthcare bill, vs the senate special interest healthcare bill, and the winner is going to be the lobbiest with the deepest pockets or most enticing promises
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 3:09:32 PM EDT by bob1946]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Diminishes Medicaid and cuts taxes for the wealthy.  Removes mandate which is good and keeps pre-existing denial in which is also good but...

Look, I'm as conservative as anyone and I am 100% for the repeal of Obamacare and replacement....but this is garbage to be honest.   

I am disappointed that this is the GOP's effort. 

They know what needs to be done...they are just hell bent on making it worse. 
View Quote
Didn't these shitheads vote for and pass a repeal when they knew Obama would veto it but now they won't do the same when they have a president who will sign it?

I'd love to see an outright repeal but I'm willing to take any bill that is even slightly better than Obama Care. Republicans are letting perfect be the enemy of better. If they don't get off their asses we'll lose the house and be stuck with Obama Care. They get to stick to their so called principles?and we'll be stuck with Obama Care.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:09:52 PM EDT
Good for Rand.  F'n Rinocare   I don't have to read a word to know how this one went.

Burn it all down
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:12:18 PM EDT
Oh I'm sure this will twist some panties in here but can't say I'm surprised. After all the Republican leadership has *zero* desire to fix any of this mess; they see this as an opportunity to maintain governmental control and money flowing to their lobbyists. Repeal Obamacare in total THEN work, argue and debate on a new plan. If Rand, Ted and Mike say it's crap; it's crap.

It's not like prior to ObamaCare that most people didn't have access to affordable insurance and care.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 3:15:17 PM EDT by bob1946]
Originally Posted By slanted:
Good for Rand.  F'n Rinocare   I don't have to read a word to know how this one went.

Burn it all down
View Quote
That's the spirit. If we can't have a perfect bill let's just stick with Obama Care huh? I'm sure If we don't fix it the democrats will "fix" Obama Care when they get back in power, that will be a real winner of a bill.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:14:20 PM EDT
They may just be pulling a Ben Nelson.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 3:40:42 PM EDT by pale_pony]
Back around 1928 or 29 during the Depression, Oklahoma established something they called "The State Insurance Fund" to provide workers comp (health) insurance to employers who couldn't get insurance anywhere else or couldn't afford what they could get. They were, by statute, "the insurer of last resort". If you couldn't get insurance anywhere  else, they had to take you.

By having a yoooge pool, (a bigger risk pool than the rest of their competition put-together) and negotiating with care providers, they did this over 80 years and often could quote premiums less  than the private industry, but without running private industry options out of the business.

This was all done with ZERO tax dollars.

Why couldn't this be done on an even bigger level? Let the market set its own rates, and establish an insurer of last resort.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:20:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:20:52 PM EDT
Republicans against republicans, this is why we can't get anything done. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:35:59 PM EDT
View Quote
Yup. But the Trumpers will attack them as leftists or nevertrumpers or whatever their orange god decides to call them for opposing this shit bill that he says doesn't give out enough freebies to the poor.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:38:54 PM EDT
Oh this should be good. Based on the OP's hate of Rand and Yard Sale man's hatred of Cruz and Lee.

Yup.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:40:56 PM EDT
View Quote
What he said...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:48:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:
I'm going to wait to see what President Trump tweets about this proposed legislation before forming an opinion. Only he knows whether it is a good fit with his master plan to make America great again.
View Quote
I love you, Jane.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:48:53 PM EDT
Planned Parenthood funding eliminated....WTF, don't those fucking clowns know the Deal of the Day (and a wedge issue) when they see it?

The very fucking thing that helps keep the wolves from our doors and they want to get shed of funding for it. Fucking ignorant tools.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:49:25 PM EDT
If Rand is against it, who could be for it? 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:53:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
It's also opposed by math as it does.nothing to the exponential growth of medical cost consuming theeconomy.
View Quote
This.  Why can't they see that the problem with healthcare is that it is too fucking expensive?  Hospitals have been fleecing patients for decades now and are pretty damn good at doing it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:54:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Free market.
View Quote
The lobbyists said they didn't care for that solution.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:55:35 PM EDT
A full repeal of Obamacare is a death sentence to Republican control of the country.

This bill is the best it will ever be.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:55:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tango1978:
Republicans against republicans, this is why we can't get anything done. 
View Quote
Nope.  A couple Republicans against a herd of statist faggots.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:56:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ContrarianIndicator:
View Quote
When he hitches his wagon to Ted Cruz and Mike Lee it gives me great pause.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:57:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AISTech:
A full repeal of Obamacare is a death sentence to Republican control of the country.

This bill is the best it will ever be.
View Quote
Funny.  The Rs have ran on repealing Obamacare several elections now.  They did pretty good in every one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 4:03:01 PM EDT by Lomshek]
If they remove the mandate and the minimum coverages I'll be happy.

Probably go a year or two without coverage and just pay my own way (like I've been doing anyway because the insurance we have is unusable).  That'll save me a house payment every month and I'll bank that to cover whatever bills we do have then see if a catastrophic plan becomes a possibility after that.

ETA - Since the RINO's have proven they won't do a clean repeal in spite of all their talk I'd take the above and walk away.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:08:34 PM EDT
As long as everyone gets a free cyanide pill I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:11:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ContrarianIndicator:
those are 3 of our greatest Senators. what's your problem?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:12:20 PM EDT
Does that math get better after the baby boomers are all gone?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:14:27 PM EDT
Repeal ALL of the shit mess they put in place.  

GO BACK to how it was BEFORE that fucking PIECE OF SHIT.

MY HEALTH CARE IS FAR WORSE AND I PAY MORE FOR IT YOU FUCK STAINS!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:17:04 PM EDT
It's all politics.

The House and Senate easily repealed Obamacare in it's entirety during the Obama Presidency when they knew it would get vetoed. Now they can't figure out which special interest dick to suck first.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:17:54 PM EDT
Planned Parenthood funding eliminated....WTF, don't those fucking clowns know the Deal of the Day (and a wedge issue) when they see it?

The very fucking thing that helps keep the wolves from our doors and they want to get shed of funding for it. Fucking ignorant tools.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23000000/The-King-s-Speech-gifs-the-kings-speech-23098792-500-300.gif
View Quote
Wait......

You're upset because they want to eliminate funding for PP?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:20:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Is it?  We keep continuing down the path of zerocare-lite.

JUST DROP THE ACT WASHINGTON.  REPEAL.....

Listen to those who aren't voting for it and pay attention to why.
View Quote
There are 4 Republicans in Washington worth keeping. The rest can get out.
These 4 are looking at the big picture for what this will do to America.  The rest are looking at, if I pass this people will like me and vote for me again. Democrat Lite!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:20:34 PM EDT
Slavery was the only American 'social program' that was ever repealed.  And a civil war was required to repeal that. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:29:52 PM EDT
The problems with healthcare in America aren't really healthcare system problems; they are overall economic, social, and political problems.

Ask yourself, what are some of the biggest problems with healthcare in America? Well, one is how many American's lack healthcare insurance or access to good healthcare services. But that isn't a healthcare problem, that's an economic problem because our nation has predominantly become a low-wage service-based economy where a significant portion of jobs - and the products and services they provide/produce - would be cost-prohibitive if healthcare insurance, especially Cadillac plan level insurance, were a benefit.

Another problem is our decades of open border policies have added millions upon millions of poorly educated, low skilled, people to our nation's ranks who consume significant healthcare resources, clog up our community hospital emergency departments with mostly low-acuity medical ailments, and are bankrupting our Medicaid program. That is a border and federal regulatory problem to fix, not a healthcare problem for the healthcare industry to fix.

And finally, probably the third biggest problem is excessive and onerous government regulations on the healthcare industry. For example, requiring men to carry healthcare insurance policies covering maternity issues is asinine and just unnecessarily adds costs. 

If we want to "fix" America's healthcare industry we need to fix the underlying causes, which predominantly aren't issues the healthcare industry or any legislation aimed at it can fix. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:32:03 PM EDT

View Quote
Why is that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top