Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 9:54:58 PM EDT
I brought this up on another thread but decided it needed its own:
My sister is a Bush can do no wrong card carrying republican who would prefer to see most if not all guns banned.
My best freind is a moderate Democrat who owns and shoots evil black rifles and won't ever let the man take em away.
Do any of you guys know any of these types.
Who would you vote for if you had to for Gov. of your state:
#1 my sister
#2 my freind
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some good Dems, Zell Miller is an example.

Alot of peopel dont even know what the party or the canidate they support stands for.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You and your friend need to educate your sister, RFN.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]

That would depend whether or not you are a one issue voter.

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have found that the words educate and guns never go hand in hand unless its your own thing. Its like talking to a child when they put there hands over their ears and make noise so the info. won't come in, and she's a Republican.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a gun loving liberal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Are you just pullin my chain. Cause I am a gun lovin moderate Democrat and waiting for my candidate to arise from somewhere. I think a lot of Repubs. would be amazed at the similarities between us. Try calling a gun totin' longshoreman a stupid fucken liberal sometime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of democrats in state legislatures, especially in the South and the West, that are big supporters of gun owners when it comes to votes at the state level.  There are some republicans that are from big cities that won't support gun owners at all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you just pullin my chain. Cause I am a gun lovin moderate Democrat and waiting for my candidate to arise from somewhere. I think a lot of Repubs. would be amazed at the similarities between us. Try calling a gun totin' longshoreman a stupid fucken liberal sometime.

I would never say that to a union=democrat longshoreman!

It would be wrong
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]
#2 he's pro-gun
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
One friend of mine is one of the biggest Republican supporters I know. He does all kinds of volunteer work for them and knows many high-ranking Republicans personally, but says the NRA's views are "too extreme."

Another friend of mine was a Kerry voter, but a strong supporter of the 2nd, especially in regards to "fun" weapons.

The simple fact is that, as much as we sometimes wished otherwise, most people are not single-issue voters when it comes to guns.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]
How about listing anti-gun Republicans???
I'll Start,
1.  Arnold Shwarzenneger
2.  Rudy Guliani
3.  ??? John McCain????

And also pro-gun Dems.  Don't fuggin know any, Please help.
1.  ???Zel Miller???
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't even get me started on that CA gov. Mr. Arnold. Kalifornia has a guy who is barely an American running their shit and we all know where thats gonna go.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about listing anti-gun Republicans???
I'll Start,
1.  Arnold Shwarzenneger
2.  Rudy Guliani
3.  ??? John McCain????

And also pro-gun Dems.  Don't fuggin know any, Please help.
1.  ???Zel Miller???

Glenn Poshard - the Democratic gubernatorial contender against George "Graft" Ryan, one of the biggest  gun grabbing RINO's we've seen. One of the dirty Ryan Scumbag  tricks "innovative" campaign methods involved smuggling a pair of Ryan shills (probably IL secretary of state employees on OT)  into a downstate gun show where Poshard was campaigning. When shill one asks to take a picture of Posahrd shaking hands with some attendees, shill two sneaks around behind him and holds up a sign - something like "I (heart) machine guns". Then a "neutral party" leaks it to the liberal Chicago press.

Rep. Stephanie Herseth, D, SD

I know there are more, but the NRA webiste has buried all the endorsements.

I crossed party lines for Mr. Poshard.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe the new senate minority leader received a B from the NRA.

The next four years the battle will hopefully be fought at the state level, unless we actually win one at the federal, which seems unlikely after sept. but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I crossed party lines and voted for Poshard myself.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Badnarik 2004

ohh wait to late....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a social conservative, but alot of social conservatives scare me in how much power they're willing to throw at the federal government.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Party membership means more at the present time, than whether the individual politician is a gun rights advocate or a gun control freak!

Everything that is done in Washington DC, at the present time, is done along party lines!

I would vote for a gun-grabbing GOP moderate than a rabidly pro-gun conservative DEMO any day of the week!

Why?

Because the GOP fellow would vote for his party in leadership positions, just as the DEMO would vote for his party in leadership positions!

And whoever leads the Congress, sets the agenda!

Eric The(Realpolitik)Hun

Errrr....,  Uhhhhh....., Huh?????

Are you medicated?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
There are some good Dems, Zell Miller is an example.

Alot of peopel dont even know what the party or the canidate they support stands for.

BIG +1

Had dinner with my cousin last night, and she started talking about how she can't stand dems blah blah blah.  Then she goes off on how we need MORE laws and that is the only way we can stop all this crazyness.  As shameless as I am, I instantly said, "And you think you are conservative?  Cuz I'm pretty sure that most Republicans would say they are for LESS government!"  Her response was, "Oh, well that makes sense too!"

OMG, people are quite dumb!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Tango, I was all set to vote for Poshard, until I saw him on a Chicago area interview show
(I'm in Springfield) where he said one of his first acts upon election would be to  try to get
an assault weapons ban. It was on PBS down here-he probably thought the stupid Downstaters wouldn't see the show. I sat out the  election.
Problem is, there are a lot of pro-gun Dems who  wind up following the Party line on guns once elected.
I've also given up on Illinois Republicans (rinos) .  No better than Governor Daley's crew.
If I won the lottery  tomorrow I'd be in Nevada in a month.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I just hope, in the end, that the people who think they have a say in the matter of our right to keep and bear arms, realize that the issue will not be decided in the courts or the halls of Congress.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#26]

If these are the only choices for Governor of your state, then the situation in your state has already gotten out of hand.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#27]
... I'm a die-hard Republican. However, I draw the line at the Second Amendment - It is the teeth of the US Constitution. Without a RKBA, the rest of the document is just old ink on old paper.

... I would vote Democrat in a NY minute, if I were assured our RKBA
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#28]
The crappy thing about politicians is they can be bribed, oops, convinced to change their minds on just about anything. It's always a crap shoot. I'd vote for your friend more than likely.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top