Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 9:27:09 PM EDT
Republicans are SLAUGHTERING THE DEMOCRATS!

Reporting Live From Election Central

By Don Hunter

(Published: November 2, 2004)

9:22 p.m. Lisa Murkowski's lead over Democrat Tony Knowles in their combative race for a U.S. Senate seat is extending. With more than half the state's precincts counted, Murkowski was ahead by about 14,000 votes.

Neither of the major candidates in the high stakes, high bucks campaign had put in an appearance at Election Central, but the forever optimistic Green Party's Jim Sykes supporters managed an abbreviated chant: "I like Sykes, Sykes for Senate."

Sykes himself was hoping mainly to get enough votes to keep his party's place on the ballot for the next statewide election. Currently, that means 3 percent of all the votes cast in a statewide race. The issue is in court, however, and that could change.

"My hope is that Knowles will win the election and I'll get my 3 percent," Sykes said early in the evening.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be eating my hat tomorrow.  I thought she was roadkill.

She was down 55-45 just last week, wasn't she?  What happened?

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Lisa Murkowski was endorsed by the NRA. They gave her a super glowing report.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm out of the State.  Is there any online source I can go to to find updated info on the counts?  I didn't see much of anything on adn.com.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]

This should give us 55 seats.

2006 we need 5 more.  

The democrats will be owned.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm out of the State.  Is there any online source I can go to to find updated info on the counts?  I didn't see much of anything on adn.com.

www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/SenateHouseResultsByState.aspx?sp=AK&rti=G&cn=1&tf=l
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I might have to eat some crow for the guys I blew off when they said we could gain 5 seats this time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I was sweating over this one. It aint over till its over, as the bush vote isn't in yet, but it sure looks good for Lisa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top