Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/14/2013 6:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2013 6:35:38 AM EDT by Barney_Calhoun]
This is the reply I received from Rep Raul Labrador (R-Idaho). You may remember him, he's the Congressman who fired his Twitter guy. Congressman cans twitter twit

His letter sounds to me as if he is open to discussion on gun control. What's your take?

Thank you for taking a proactive role in Idaho’s well-being by voicing your thoughts and concerns. I want to take a moment to update you on the current discussion surrounding gun control and the ban of certain weapons and ammunition.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama signed 23 executive orders addressing gun control. I am currently reviewing these proposals to ensure that the president's actions and proposals do not violate our constitutionally protected right to bear arms. I will also thoughtfully consider whether the laws we currently have on the books can be better enforced to safeguard our lives and our liberty.

As you know, I wholeheartedly support the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms. Still, I believe our nation and the Second Amendment are strong enough to withstand an examination of ways we can protect the most vulnerable among us without harming those liberties that God has given us to make us free. I look forward to having a thoughtful, honest and straightforward discussion about these issues in the Judiciary Committee over the next few months.

Thank you again for being in touch. The more I listen to Idahoans, the better able I am to represent your needs and interests here in Washington. Please feel free to contact me again by visiting my website www.labrador.house.gov or by following me on Facebook or Twitter.

Sincerely,
Raúl Labrador
Member of Congress
1st District, Idaho

eta - everyone just assumes Idaho is a guaranteed no vote on any form of gun control, so I edited the subject line to make it obvious this isn't the case.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:11:35 PM EDT
He is not committing to either side yet, he is waiting to see which way the wind blows on this.

Get your friends to mail, e-mail, and phone this guy.

He must be from Boise?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:27:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:
He is not committing to either side yet, he is waiting to see which way the wind blows on this.

He must be from Boise?

Treasure Valley area which includes Boise. He's an Immigration Attorney by trade and has represented many many illegals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:16:03 AM EDT
The letter he sent me also had some phrases that left me feeling a little uneasy. At least he responded. The other elected officials I contacted did not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:21:00 AM EDT
Labrador is as pro-gun as they come.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:48:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ceverett:
Labrador is as pro-gun as they come.

That in conjunction with the wording of his letter, is not very reassuring.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:56:26 AM EDT
I don't trust that email. It lacks conviction. Never a good sign.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:58:07 AM EDT
Save that email it may come in handy when he is up for election.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:15:11 AM EDT
I received the same letter.

I'm not too worried though, I'm pretty certain he will vote in our favor.

I don't have any positive proof, just know some people who have know him.

You never know with politicians though...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:21:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Barney_Calhoun:

He must be from Boise?

Treasure Valley area which includes Boise. He's an Immigration Attorney by trade and has represented many many illegals.

That would be a red flag for me.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:35:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Winn:

He must be from Boise?

Setting his constituents up for a buttfuck. The Administration's proposals are already known - he should have a position by now, and if it was "I oppose them" he would have said so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:08:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Originally Posted By Winn:

He must be from Boise?

Setting his constituents up for a buttfuck. The Administration's proposals are already known - he should have a position by now, and if it was "I oppose them" he would have said so.

I agree. IMO, it really is just that simple.

Top Top