Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 7:00:39 AM EDT
I went through my mags last night and I got 6 that are just to freaking tight in the mag wells of both my ARs. These things have been used heavily and the bodies are a bit out of spec now. The sides have bulged out near the top of the mag enough that they don't go in anywhere near easy anymore. They are my range mags and so have been used and abused. The guts are still good though so I was thinking about just getting some replacment bodies, but wasn't sure it would be worth it with the ban ending soon. So I thought I'd ask ya'll what you think. Would it be worth it to get some replacment bodies now, or just wait the couple weeks for the ban to end and get some new ones?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Take out the guts and stick the mag in a vice, both directions and it will be as good as new.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Take out the guts and stick the mag in a vice, both directions and it will be as good as new.

I shall try that
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
wait and buy new, cheaper ones.  then shoot the old ones.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Do not destroy any preban mags.  Send them to ARFCOM members in NY and other states that have an AWB in place.  They can be rebuilt with new mag bodies and maintain their preban status..
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do not destroy any preban mags.  Send them to ARFCOM members in NY and other states that have an AWB in place.  They can be rebuilt with new mag bodies and maintain their preban status..

Oh even better idea.
I'll check them out again today at the range and remark them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top