Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 3:29:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The law says a person can own mags > 10rds if purchased before the BS law was passed.

If she owned them before the BS law was passed then you have a legal right to return her property.  She is also allowed to order replacement parts for those mags.

Maybe write "Fragile AW mags" on the outside [:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You had to have owned the high cap mags before the cut off date. We can still buy ten round mags.

As far as I know if you send the complete high caps out of state then you can never legally have these mags sent back. Remember, we can't even loan these things to our friends for the day.

I know it may not be the answer but you may be able to have them sent sans internal parts per your original question.

Try reading through the monotony of the CA DOJ laws on this one.[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/sb23indx.htm[/url]

Alex
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
oh she told me they were hers and left them at my house the last time she visited
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just mail the damn mags!!  Wrap them up real well so the box dont open and everything will be okay.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#8]
At gun shows I have been to here in California after the magazine ban I do see for sale mil-spec 30 round magazine bodies,follower and spring disassembled without the floor plate. I was told that these are "rebuild" kits and are perfectly legal as they are not a complete magazine and without the floorplate can't be assembled into one.
Maybe try shipping the components seperately,might avoid any legal problem this way.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a friend who bought some USA brand Beretta 15 rounders for his 9mm and when they failed to feed correctly he decided to use the lifetime warrenty and mailed them back to them. I guess they are located in Cali and when got them back he had 10 rounders. Pissed off he called them up and they said because of Cali law they  had to destroy all hi-cap mags that are sent to them. He pitched a bitch at them and they sent hem some extra 10 rounders but he was still out the hi-caps.

BKVic

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
It is perfectly legal to send mag bodies into CA. I called the DOJ NUMEROUS times over this and they all say, "Yes, you can still get mag bodies, only as replacements,  for your high cap mags." I guess I should get it in writing, scan it, and send it to you guys??? Anyway, make sure you do not include the spring and followers with the mag bodies. They must be sent seperately. HTH.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#11]
The California law allows  you to bring "hi-cap" magazines out of the state and to bring those same magazine back into California.  So, if she took them out of the state, she can legally have them returned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top