Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:16:51 AM EDT
I have an 04 Jeep Liberty and it is already on its 3rd windshield due to my daily commute up and down Rte 95. Yesterday I just noticed 5 tiny chips just about eye level on the drivers side, the largest is almost as big as a pin head. Is there anything I can buy to "patch" these chips myself? I hate to call it in as an insurance claim, since I have had to have 2 windshields replaced within the last 12 months.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:13:34 PM EDT
Here in CO I just budget for a windshield per year for each of the cars.

The car I bought August 11 already has a chip in the windshield. Pisses me off.

Our 2005 has two cracks all the way across it and the guy is scheduled to replace it in 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:15:10 PM EDT
Auto Zone/Wal-Mart sells a $10.00 kit that works wonders here. Not sure where you live but rapid climate changes could play a part in how well it works.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:15:05 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By AKJEFF:
Auto Zone/Wal-Mart sells a $10.00 kit that works wonders here. Not sure where you live but rapid climate changes could play a part in how well it works.

I live in MD and with the warmer then usual weather we have been having I will check Auto Zone for the kit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:20:29 AM EDT
I went to Advance and got a $6.99 Permatex kit and used tooth picks to fill in two of the biggest chips. Now I was pressed for time yesterday so I didn't get to fill all of them in, but the two I did seem to be okay. Will see how it holds up if we get any rain and the wipers are on for awhile.
Top Top