Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:16:51 AM EDT
I have an 04 Jeep Liberty and it is already on its 3rd windshield due to my daily commute up and down Rte 95.  Yesterday I just noticed 5 tiny chips just about eye level on the drivers side, the largest is almost as big as a pin head.  Is there anything I can buy to "patch" these chips myself?  I hate to call it in as an insurance claim, since I have had to have 2 windshields replaced within the last 12 months.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in CO I just budget for a windshield per year for each of the cars.

The car I bought August 11 already has a chip in the windshield.  Pisses me off.  

Our 2005 has two cracks all the way across it and the guy is scheduled to replace it in 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Auto Zone/Wal-Mart sells a $10.00 kit that works wonders here. Not sure where you live but rapid climate changes could play a part in how well it works.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
Auto Zone/Wal-Mart sells a $10.00 kit that works wonders here. Not sure where you live but rapid climate changes could play a part in how well it works.

I live in MD and with the warmer then usual weather we have been having I will check Auto Zone for the kit.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to Advance and got a $6.99 Permatex kit and used tooth picks to fill in two of the biggest chips.  Now I was pressed for time yesterday so I didn't get to fill all of them in, but the two I did seem to be okay.  Will see how it holds up if we get any rain and the wipers are on for awhile.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top