Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/18/2005 9:03:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2005 9:04:32 AM EDT by KnightofTheOldeCode]
Hey there Gals, I'm new to AR15.COM. I've been aware of the sight and read posts in the forums for a couple years but just registered as a member. I'd like to pose a query if you don't mind. I was wondering if any of you attend or work at Renaissance festivals? I live in Central Ohio and attend yearly The Ohio Renaissance festival held in Harveysburg close to Cincinnati. I enjoy it very much and wondered if others on the list go to the Ohio Renaissance fest? There is also a great vineyard not too far there called Ohio Valley vineyard that produce's the best meade/honey wine I've ever had. Can anyone recommend other Renaissance festival's? Thanks for your time and have a great evening. Scott.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:20:53 AM EDT
Hi Scott. Check out the screenname. HAH.

I love renaissance festivals, I've been going to the King Richard's Faire in Carver MA since I was a kid, and love it each and every year. I have several friends who are actors/boothies there. I've also been to the Connecticut Festival, although it's nowhere near as big as the Carver Faire. Each New England State has their own Renaissance Faire. I've been involved as a performer with a Medieval Dinner Theater show in Rhode Island as well. Performed every other Saturday night for a little over a year. I'm currently involved in a pirate gig, very similiar. ARGH!

One of my best friends has done the Chicago Renn Fest and Virginia fest as a seamstress. So, yes, you could say I'm a bit "into" the renaissance thing.

Another girl here that I know is also into, I'm sure she'll chime in soon!
See ya around!
Daisy
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:20:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By daisywench:

See ya around!
Daisy

I am a-chiming...<ding ding>
Did all Daisy's done too and have the corset to prove it! I'm new here though too (and already in trouble so take absolutely no advice from me!)

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:49:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By daisywench:

See ya around!
Daisy

I am a-chiming...<ding ding>
Did all Daisy's done too and have the corset to prove it! I'm new here though too (and already in trouble so take absolutely no advice from me!)

what do you think youve done, playmore?

KOTOC, i live outside cincinnati--will have to see what my time looks like and if i can make it to the Renn fest--looks like it would be fun--when?? how much??
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:07:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

what do you think youve done, playmore?

Well...I *think* I've done nothing except been guilty of what we're all guilty of: PDO (Public Display of Opinion) but perhaps *sound* like a troll of this board's past in one of my posts...had the accusations flying faster than spaceships in Revenge of the Sith...Mind you, I don't mind being flamed for crap I've done, but I can't take it for crap I haven't. So, all I can do is deny it (because I am not this person) and advise those thinking I am to ask Ed since he'll have my real name/IP on file (as I am sure he does all the peeps who've posted) to verify that I am not ...evidently *that's* not good enuf for some...<shrug> Someone named Virginia I believe? Anyway, Diabolical...that's the shortened version.
Being a team member...you can do a search and read the offending thread.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2005 3:21:43 PM EDT by PlaymoreMinds]

KOTOC, i live outside cincinnati--will have to see what my time looks like and if i can make it to the Renn fest--looks like it would be fun--when?? how much??

And DC---can't speak for that area of the country, but up here Renn Faires are pricey: around 15-20 to get in then many more things to pay for (food/drink/souveniers). And if you're of a mind, costuming and metal toys (swords and daggers and axes, oh my!) are outrageously priced...but fun. My last corset was 95.00 (just to give you a base) but worth every penny: hubby loves it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:19:45 PM EDT
No advice but Welcome!

Playmore -- give em....well you know! Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2005 7:12:55 PM EDT by Persephone]
Cheers from the MD Ren fest.

Edited to add more pics from last year. Have no idea who this guy was, but check out the outfit.
Front:

Back:

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:59:51 PM EDT

d_c: Here's from their website at:

Ohio Ren Fest

4-Person Discount Combo Ticket Package

All Tickets Good On Any Festival Day.
Buy now Online and save big with this discount combo ticket package.
This exceptional deal will save you over 25% off our normal $119.96 price. For only
$80.00 you receive:

FOUR Adult tickets, value $67.96
FOUR Pepsi products of your choice, value $8.00
FOUR delicious entrees of your choice, value $24.00
Entrees include our delicious Turkey Legs, Steak-on-a-Stake, Fish & Chips,
and many more delicous items available in our food areas.
FOUR delicious Moo Malt Frozen Desserts, value $8.00
FOUR Coupons valid for a 10% discount toward the purchase of any
souvenir from the festival operated souvenir booths.

As a valued internet customer, this $119.96 package is yours for only 80.00. Additional individual combo tickets are $20.00 per person.

After August 25, 2005, package price will be $90.00.
Additional individual combo tickets will be $22.50.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount Admission Tickets Online

Adult tickets, normally $16.99 are available now for only $14.99
Children's tickets (ages 5-12) normally $9.99 are available now for only $8.99
Children under 5 enter FREE

It's a GREAT time, IMO.... I tend to go yearly, but have missed several due to my MS, going this year though. (Well enough ansd can take the sun now ;) Coming w/swords, and knives in tow... possibly the labrys ;)

They have shows make SURE you at LEAST see "The Mud Show" but stay OUT of the fist dozen rows!

They have many "games" I tend to most enjoy the axe, star and knife throwing games :) The "bow and arrow" one, IMO is cool for the kiddies, but a TAD "hoakie" for adults, at least if you've ever SHOT a bow before, if not, IMO, it's worth a "go `round" ;)

LOTS of vendors, I MOST like Starfire Swords (does anyone know if they've "bounced back" yet from the fire? And anyone know if they'll be AT this years' fest? I got a GREAT sword from them years ago ... looking for a good dagger this year :) (I HAVE several, but one can never have too many daggars ;) Second best, IMO are the INSTRUMENT vendors :)

I TEND to "pack" lunch as they're NOT cheap... but the "package deal" looks decent... so maybe I'll take that route.

IMO, we should pick a weekend and all those on ARFCOM interested should try to go THAT weekend so we can "meet up" some and what not.... help out the newbies, etc....
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:02:44 PM EDT
thanks for the linkie, kacer

i will have to run this by the hubby and see what he thinks......
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:03:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kacer:

LOTS of vendors, I MOST like Starfire Swords (does anyone know if they've "bounced back" yet from the fire? And anyone know if they'll be AT this years' fest? I got a GREAT sword from them years ago ... looking for a good dagger this year :) (I HAVE several, but one can never have too many daggars ;) Second best, IMO are the INSTRUMENT vendors :)

Kacer....Starfire is doing well from what I've heard (I was a booth wench for Starfire in 2001) since the fire.
So far here's Starfire's dates: starfireswords.com/cgi-bin/starfire That same page also has a link to email them and you can ask them directly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:07:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Kacer:

Kacer....Starfire is doing well from what I've heard (I was a booth wench for Starfire in 2001) since the fire.
So far here's Starfire's dates: starfireswords.com/cgi-bin/starfire That same page also has a link to email them and you can ask them directly.

Yeah, I looked on their site (before I even asked), but they've only posted up to June 5. I checcked back before THIS post, and still the same
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:25:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:00:25 PM EDT
Hey is that you Kim? It's Scott from the open carry walks... go OFCC!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:11:41 PM EDT
I enjoyed this one...www.parenaissancefaire.com/
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:47:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tallbob:
I enjoyed this one...www.parenaissancefaire.com/

Used to do living history demos at this one...if you are in the area...WELL worth checking this one out. Very big HG Festival.
www.nhscot.org/
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:59:47 AM EDT
We attend Sterling in upstate NY

http://www.sterlingfestival.com/renfest/
We'd post pics but have no photo host to use.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:17:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:
Hey is that you Kim? It's Scott from the open carry walks... go OFCC!

Yeppers! Hey Scott! A pal of mine told me that, in HIS opinion, the LAST weekend is the BEST weekend to go because:"That is the best because they do a finale at the tavern."

Also, for those who are interested, Starfire sent me this:

Dear Kim: Starfire Swords, Ltd. will be sold at the Ohio Ren Faire by
Legacy Forge so we will have stock there for you to choose a new dagger.

So pencil in your calenders October 22/23! (Saturday/Sunday).
Top Top