Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 1:35:56 PM EDT
If the Assult weapons ban has to be renewed in 2004, that means that if it is not renewed we can buy flash suppessors, folding stocks, Factory High-cap mags, etc, in 3 years right?
I am pretty sure that Bush won't resign it. But if he is not re-elected then the liberal Democrat will resign it and there would only be a small period of time to re-do all the stuff we want to do to our firearms right? And I think all firearms up to the time the liberal signs it would be pre-ban. Including AN AR-15 made last year. Right?
Just asking,
-Chuck
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Assult weapons ban has to be renewed in 2004, that means that if it is not renewed we can buy flash suppessors, folding stocks, Factory High-cap mags, etc, in 3 years right?

>>Yep, that is correct.

I am pretty sure that Bush won't resign it. But if he is not re-elected then the liberal Democrat will resign it and there would only be a small period of time to re-do all the stuff we want to do to our firearms right?

>>Actually, the bill would have to get started in congress and pass there before it got to the prez to sign it. I really don't think it will ever make it to the Presidents desk.

And I think all firearms up to the time the liberal signs it would be pre-ban. Including AN AR-15 made last year. Right?

>>Technically this would be correct, but you can bet your ass that if they do get a bill through and passed into law that it will take effect immediately when the other one sunsets. It is doubtful there is going to be any "free time" between the two laws.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If you all can just hang on until 2014 it will have a chance of sunsetting again.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
If you all can just hang on until 2014 it will have a chance of sunsetting again.
View Quote

Joy Joy Happy Happy- something to look forward to in my old age... >:^(
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I Hope 2004 comes quickly!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
the main thing we got to worry about is the 2002 election we need to get alot mor pro RKBA in 2002
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
That is for sure, but bush would never sign it!
-Chuck
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Chuck6419, regarding your last post...wanna bet, he'll sign it faster than you can blink.  We can help in preventing it getting to Bush's desk by being active in helping Cleland get defeated here in Georgia!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Bush wouldn't betray those gunowners who put him there in the first place. he would not resign it...
-Chuck
[sniper]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bush wouldn't betray those gunowners who put him there in the first place. he would not resign it...
-Chuck
[sniper]
View Quote

Bush is pro gun, but not pro assault weapon/high cap mag.  He'll re-sign it if it even gets that far.

Bradd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top