Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 2:13:23 PM EDT
I know I'm not the only one that has run into this.
You pick a known, either small or large company the specializes in what you want done, they look at it and agree to do the job.
They never show up, and even ignore phone calls.
I thought work was slow?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the Construction Business.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Amazes me too

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope you didn't give them any money upfront
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
a bigger and better paying job comes in

then they send the leftovers to do your little kitchen remodel

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know I'm not the only one that has run into this.
You pick a known, either small or large company the specializes in what you want done, they look at it and agree to do the job.
They never show up, and even ignore phone calls.
I thought work was slow?
View Quote

Tim Wilson had an explanation for all that: https://youtu.be/8KnChppG7r4?t=7m10s

Relevant section starts at 7:10
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a bigger and better paying job comes in

then they send the leftovers to do your little kitchen remodel

View Quote

Haha.  No crap.  I'm the guy who gets sent on the stupid jobs.  Last week the crew was pouring concrete.  They sent me and the ex con over to peel wallpaper off the walls at a doctor's house.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I try to just figure out and do any job I am considering hiring someone for I am a video editor not a construction worker and there has yet to be much i can't or won't do.

There are some exceptions to this, for instance an oil change. This is incredibly simple but I have found that i spend more on oil and a filter and then have a gallon of dirty oil i have to deal with. If i get a place to do the oil change i save a couple bucks and don't have to do shit.

There are also a couple of cases where neither me or my friends really have the specialized tools
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top