Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:36:02 AM EDT
HOw about Texas.  100 miles of traffic moving at <5mph.  One lady on FOX got 7.5 miles in 8 hours.  Turned around went home.  Lemme say that again, 100 miles of traffic moving at <5mph.  I think we're beat.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
HOw about Texas.  100 miles of traffic moving at <5mph.  One lady on FOX got 7.5 miles in 8 hours.  Turned around went home.  Lemme say that again, 100 miles of traffic moving at <5mph.  I think we're beat.

Imagine a missile warning with incoming ICBMs from China or N. Korea?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i dunno, remember the big snowstorm back in ninety-something???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, a complete cluster f^&%...that's why they'll find a petrified/ashen formation of my former self with the remote control in one hand and a beer in the other.  Depending on my mood, it could be a beer and my member

edit to add:  I've never had a good experience driving through the Balt/Washington corridor, so my vote goes to NoVa
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
We are so hopelessly fu**ed if we ever have to try and bug out...I'm in Arlington, very close to 66.  *IF* I decided to leave before everyone else, no problem.  If more than 3 other people in Arlington choose to leave at the same time I do, there will be a 5 mile backup on 66 westbound lol.  

Sad thing is, I *do* have someplace to go, in West by-God VA.  No hope of gettin' there, tho, in reality...if there is a mass evac, I'm toast.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We are so hopelessly fu**ed if we ever have to try and bug out...I'm in Arlington, very close to 66.  *IF* I decided to leave before everyone else, no problem.  If more than 3 other people in Arlington choose to leave at the same time I do, there will be a 5 mile backup on 66 westbound lol.  

Sad thing is, I *do* have someplace to go, in West by-God VA.  No hope of gettin' there, tho, in reality...if there is a mass evac, I'm toast.  

I'd just go to the top of the washington monument and moon whatever MIRV was commin our way....  The only thing I can possibly think of is to go deeeeeep underground.  But I'm not an elected official, so screw that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Get a 4X4, a good series of topo maps, a chain saw, gas powered saws-all, and a pair of wire cutters. Then skip the roads.

I'm just saying...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd just go to the top of the washington monument and moon whatever MIRV was commin our way....  The only thing I can possibly think of is to go deeeeeep underground.  But I'm not an elected official, so screw that.

I'd rather die than be stuck under the ground for months on end.  Can you imagine being trapped in Mount Weather or Greenbrier, underground, with a bunch of Washington politicians?    Much worse than death, esp. instaneous incineration if located at ground zero.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]
a dirt bike or quad with a small trailer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If you live in Arlington and have a little warning you can bike out on the WO&D Trail.  Probably don't have to be much outside of the Beltway to avoid getting melted by the smaller nukes.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you live in Arlington and have a little warning you can bike out on the WO&D Trail.  Probably don't have to be much outside of the Beltway to avoid getting melted by the smaller nukes.

GunLvr

If you think you'll be the only one there, say hello to the new york marathon amount of people with you!  Not a chance.  But good thinking.  without a doubt your best option save for jet ski out the potomac.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
If we need to bug out, we’re totally fucked. At our previous home, we may have had a chance to get to the Central Valley and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but now we are on the Peninsula, with the SF Bay on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other, and assuming the bridges are out, no way to go north out of San Francisco. That leaves south, through San Jose along with 3 million people trying to go the same way. Fuck it. I'll pop a beer and wait for the zombies to come to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If we need to bug out, we’re totally fucked. At our previous home, we may have had a chance to get to the Central Valley and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but now we are on the Peninsula, with the SF Bay on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other, and assuming the bridges are out, no way to go north out of San Francisco. That leaves south, through San Jose along with 3 million people trying to go the same way. Fuck it. I'll pop a beer and wait for the zombies to come to me.

Homo zombies.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you remember "duck and cover" excercises?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sounds like 66 every day in NOVA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top