Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/1/2002 10:02:25 PM EDT
Words fail me when I think of their selfless sacrifice. Makes me bow my head in silence. [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Venerated%2FHonor%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:03:51 PM EDT
I thought about that again last night when I watched Black Hawk Down for the 5th time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:08:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2002 10:12:22 PM EDT by 82ndAbn]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:05:24 AM EDT
Both wear the Ranger Tab...
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:10:12 AM EDT
It's a shame they died like they did. We should have bombed the house, and they would be serving their country today. My God rest their souls.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:14:27 AM EDT
Tugs on the heart strings every time I see them. They remind me of so many others; and yet so many others remind me of them. Very proud to say that I've served with their like. Thank you. All of you. We are grateful. [usa]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:22:18 AM EDT
Didn't one of these men's fathers read Clinton the riot act at the memorial service? I cannot watch BHD without ranting, raving, crying, and feeling more hatred than a man should for people like Clinton, Aspin, and the U.N.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:24:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: Didn't one of these men's fathers read Clinton the riot act at the memorial service? I cannot watch BHD without ranting, raving, crying, and feeling more hatred than a man should for people like Clinton, Aspin, and the U.N.
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:38:23 AM EDT
Two great men who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:03:39 AM EDT
Amen! Remember these men and their sacrifice the next time you go to vote! And remember the stupid Democrat Party and their fearless leader at that moment, Billy Boy Clinton. Judging by the reception that Billy Boy got at the Wellstone Memorial Service/Pep Rally, it looks as if the DemocRats would like to see him back. And to pay them back for their perfidy, what would they hate more - you voting Libertarian or Republican? Be serious for a moment. Eric The(JustRememberThat)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:43:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:11:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
Originally Posted By SkyShark: Both wear the Ranger Tab...
View Quote
??? What does that have to do with anything???
View Quote
it has to do with the fact that 82ndAbn said they were both delta and there was a ranger creed excerpt on the pic. besides i think the pics look a bit old and it doesnt look as though Gordon is wearing a special forces tab yet. besides that, these are def. great heros and i can only hope to be as brave as them in combat. [sniper]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:19:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Amen! Remember these men and their sacrifice the next time you go to vote! And remember the stupid Democrat Party and their fearless leader at that moment, Billy Boy Clinton. Judging by the reception that Billy Boy got at the Wellstone Memorial Service/Pep Rally, it looks as if the DemocRats would like to see him back. And to pay them back for their perfidy, what would they hate more - you voting Libertarian or Republican? Be serious for a moment. Eric The(JustRememberThat)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Welcome back Mod.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:35:03 PM EDT
I still remember.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:55:30 AM EDT
Both men serve as an example to all those who wear a uniform and to civilians also. PS. Created that picture for a another site some time ago, thought i´d try to remember them in an honorable way.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 11:24:01 AM EDT
Remember we still have many young men and women serving in harms way today. Say a little prayer for their safety each night. Pray for God to give them strength and to protect the rightous. And send the evil into the burning abyss. Thanks to those who serve.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 1:22:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar10er:
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: Didn't one of these men's fathers read Clinton the riot act at the memorial service? I cannot watch BHD without ranting, raving, crying, and feeling more hatred than a man should for people like Clinton, Aspin, and the U.N.
View Quote
Yes!
View Quote
No- the father who read Clinton the riot act was the father of Corporal Jamie Smith( the guy that bled to death), his father was a retired Lt Colonel and a Ranger who lost part of his leg in Vietnam, they live in Plano, TX or therabouts. He also sent Clinton a nasty gram of a letter too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:30:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tuukka: Both men serve as an example to all those who wear a uniform and to civilians also. PS. Created that picture for a another site some time ago, thought i´d try to remember them in an honorable way.
View Quote
You did a dang good job. With a decent printer I'd bet it's suitable for framing. It's very humbling to think of past and present service men and women who keep us free. Anyone who serves their term honorably should be elevated in our society. They should receive free health care for life and be taken care of properly. Seems like sometimes we provide better care for our inmates then we do our veterans. Those are my thoughts anyway.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:48:57 PM EDT
Yes, God bless them. I thank God for men like these in my prayers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 5:03:36 PM EDT
[usa]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 5:31:00 PM EDT
I could only hope for that kind of cojones in combat. Rangers Lead The Way, Sergeants. Rest in peace. [usa]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 5:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2002 5:41:05 PM EDT by QCMGR]
Originally Posted By jimmyjoebob:
Originally Posted By ar10er:
View Quote
Yes!
View Quote
No- the father who read Clinton the riot act was the father of Corporal Jamie Smith( the guy that bled to death), his father was a retired Lt Colonel and a Ranger who lost part of his leg in Vietnam, they live in Plano, TX or therabouts. He also sent Clinton a nasty gram of a letter too.
View Quote
Wrong: From the link below: The father of a U.S. Ranger who was killed in that raid would not shake the hand of President Clinton at the White House ceremony at which the president presented the son a posthumous Medal of Honor for heroic acts during the Mogadishu raid. The father, Mr. Shughart, told the president [11], "You are not fit to be president of the United States. The blame for my son's death rests with the White House and with you. You are not fit to command." [url]http://www.newtotalitarians.com/BlackHawkDownBookReview.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:03:42 PM EDT
Heroes to the highest degree. [USA] -T.
Top Top