Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 7:47:20 AM EDT
I live in a small town of about 22,000 people.  About four years ago we were able to have a small VA retirement home/nursing home locate here.  Our local Elks club have supported the vets with some gifts and a angel tree which we would participate in.  This year my staff ask what I wanted for Christmas.  We decided to find out who at the VA had no family and help them out.  They faxed us a list of 3 men and a women and their wish lists.  My staff went shopping Thursday after work and bought every single item they asked for .  Last night we have a Christmas party for my staff at the house and they said it was the most fufilling shopping trip they have ever had.  I am actually tearing up as I write  I am so proud of my staff and happy for our vets and just feel good to feel the true Christmas feeling.  God bless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top