Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/12/2009 11:24:58 PM EDT
There's more video stuff! Whoever this girl's dad is, he is an awesome parent. If he is a member here, good work bud. She probably can kill targets way better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2rKj4eZgo&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlodGEp_9o&feature=channel_page

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Nice to see she kept going and didn't give up even after everyone else finished.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, talk about a REALLY cool dad.  When I have kids I plan on giving them as much weapons training as I can possibly give them.

Its cool to see her using a "real" pistol and not just plinking around with a .22lr.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
7 more years!
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Tactical Response class.

Got to be frustrating with a handgun that keeps malfuncting. Probably limp wristing issues though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! I feel bad for the boys in her school :P
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Got to be frustrating with a handgun that keeps malfuncting. Probably limp wristing issues though.

She may have had snap caps in the mag to simulate malfunctions too.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She may have had snap caps in the mag to simulate malfunctions too.

Not that many
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think they may have snap capped a few rounds in her mag to do TRB drills.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In the description for the videos, it said it is a Tactical Response class.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#11]
im pretty sure he is a member here. and yes, he threw in snap caps so shed learn clearance drills..etc
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Something for me to emulate with my daughter. She's only 2 months old, but she'll get there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
im pretty sure he is a member here. and yes, he threw in snap caps so shed learn clearance drills..etc

That's one proud dad.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]
She was doing better than alot of grown men I've been in pistol classes with. She may take a bit longer to clear a malf, but she has a full size pistol and 11 yr old hands.

I think she's doing awesome for any age.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm impressed. Last time I went shooting I saw fully grown men with CPLs collapse and fail to reload empty weapons in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#16]

gixxerguy is a memebr here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL I guess she is the 11 year old Yeager talks about in the fighting pistol DVD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#18]
She needs to meet my 13 year old son.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:52:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Durp!!! SNAP CAPS
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Durp!!! SNAP CAPS

I noticed she didn't flinch at all during the misfires in anticipation of the recoil.  Good for her!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:24:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Is she Sarah Connor?
Gotta start now and get a head start on the machines....
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I was an instructor on that class.  She was a remarkable student.  She ran a Glock 19 and shot every round of every drill (almost 1000 rounds in 2 days).

I remember a distinct lack of excuses for performance from the rest of the group.  Having a amazingly motivated 11 year old girl in the class does an excellent job of making other students humble.

The majority of the malfunctions you see her clear are dummy rounds.  While other students often start to skip out on their dummy rounds after a few hours, she would often load more than the required 2 in each magazine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Glocks are WEEEEELLLL known for being finicky when limp-wristing. That's why I'll never carry one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:44:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Aaaahhh,ok,that's a great way to train. Although I think there was at least one FTE.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#25]
That was awesome!
My son @ 11 is just starting with a 9mm, She is way ahead of him.
Excellant use of Parenting time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Snap caps.

Great training!!

I'm 120% impressed.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was an instructor on that class.  She was a remarkable student.  She ran a Glock 19 and shot every round of every drill (almost 1000 rounds in 2 days).

I remember a distinct lack of excuses for performance from the rest of the group.  Having a amazingly motivated 11 year old girl in the class does an excellent job of making other students humble.

The majority of the malfunctions you see her clear are dummy rounds.  While other students often start to skip out on their dummy rounds after a few hours, she would often load more than the required 2 in each magazine.

All I can say is WOW.  She would make a lot of our police officers look like shit.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:53:40 AM EDT
[#28]
That was cool.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That was cool.

yes it was

john

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#30]
This is a crap shoot, but there is a girl here in Michigan who has tagged some awesome bucks named McKenzie that is the same age. Her dad is a neurosurgeon, they have about 300 acres, and it would not surprise me if this isn't the same girl. A family friend posts about her over on another forum I visit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glocks are WEEEEELLLL known for being finicky when limp-wristing. That's why I'll never carry one.

soooooo you're saying you're limp-wristed?

snap caps- very good training.....

impressive girl, would be nice to shoot with her-

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:53:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Very cool. Thumbs up to her and her dad
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I am not trying to take anything away from this kid, but how did this idea that someone who can field strip a gun is somehow an expert in weapons ?
I have heard this my whole life: "they made us field strip our rifles blindfolded...."  I have recently read this in a novel, I think it was the Bourne Supremacy where we are supposed to think that this guy is an honest to God super secret agent because he can field strip a gun blindfolded or something. This is like our society's ultimate benchmark of a gun person.

Why ?

First of all, it isn't hard. You can teach someone how to field strip an AR15/M16 in a couple minutes. If they do it a couple times, they could do it blindfolded. That doesn't mean they are some kind of bad ass. It doesn't mean they can hit the side of a barn firing the rifle even if they were inside the barn. To me at least, it doesn't mean a damn thing.

Again, good for her and good for her dad teaching her all this stuff. She looks like she is learning to do more than just take apart a rifle. The stuff that is actually difficult and something to be proud of.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
7 more years!

Edit:
I'll tell ya what, that little gal handled those jams like a champ, she didn't miss a beat.
Awesome vids!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#35]
AWESOME.

I'm doing my best to get my daughters interested in shooting sports.  At just under 3, my oldest could cycle, load, cock and fire her pink cricket .22.  If she takes half the interest that girl had I'll be happy.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I had my boys doing things like this at a very early age. From age 8 and up, they could handle Sig and Ruger semiautos fairly well. One shot every week with a police officer at age 12, reloading the shells for the police officer, himself, and another shooter.
Now the boys are in the 29 to 31 range and they don't really have much use for handguns or firearms in general other than hunting.
The chances this girl will still be interested in shooting as she gets older is still unknown.
I think it is great that Dad does this with her, but I hope he is letting her go because of her own interest, not because she wants to please him.
We definitely want her to stay in the shooting sports as she gets older!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:57:51 AM EDT
[#37]
She does better than most people I have seen do that drill.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Something tells me when she grows up and gets married, that fucker is going to one well-behaved hubby
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Totally BA! I have buddies that can't clear malfs as well as her. She is gonna be a beast when she gets older.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Jesus fucking christ.

Does EVERY goddamn YouTube video have to turn into a fucking indignant bitchfest slapfight in the comments section?

Really?

Fucking REALLY?

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Jesus fucking christ.

Does EVERY goddamn YouTube video have to turn into a fucking indignant bitchfest slapfight in the comments section?

Really?

Fucking REALLY?

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Kids shouldn't handle explosives.  

(I own a Glock, just some friendly ribbing.)

Good for her that she's learning a useful skill.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Well if I had a daughter I would make damn sure she knew how to handle guns....

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Wow.

Damn fine kid there. Excellent attitude and mindset.

Great parenting and excellent spirit in that kid.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#45]
AMERICA FUCK YA

Nice job dad, and girl.

BTW dad better by her an XD befor that glock becomes a bomb.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The majority of the malfunctions you see her clear are dummy rounds.  While other students often start to skip out on their dummy rounds after a few hours, she would often load more than the required 2 in each magazine

I think a lot of people missed this one.

I am humbled from just watching the video.  Excellent work.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Awesome!!! To say I'm impressed, is an understatement!!!

One very cool young lady...
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Jesus fucking christ.

Really?

Fucking REALLY?

The whole "really?" thing has become quite the trend.

Not knocking you, just something I noticed lately. Every student I have goes out of their way yo ask "really?" to each other and elswewhere.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. Quit shooting like a Nancy and you wont have that problem.

FWIW Glocks are the only rentals we had at our range they were NOT picky about people limp wristing them.

also she was using dummy rounds. Something that I bet 99% of people here DONT do when training.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top