Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 9:53:47 PM EDT
We havent had rain in like months here in Oregon (the rain state..).

All of the sudden, we got a flash flood here. I havent seen this hard of down pour in years. Went on for about 15 minutes, and then lightened up.

Well... at work we have this store room about 300 sqaure feet where we keep out extra crap we cannot fit into the store.

The door to the room has the stripping ripped off and is about a 1/4" above the floor.

Well, within minutes the gutters overflowed and water just poured like a river into our storage room. In about 10 minutes we had about a quater inch of water covering 75% of the floor, with more pouring in. It sucked to say the least.

Getting the water out was worse.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Oregon (the rain state..).
View Quote

Perhaps you should drive north if you'd like to see rain like that on a more regular basis.  Oregon (the rain state..) Ppfff!
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
1Gunrunner,

You've got that right. I used to work in the woods near Forks, and 15 FEET of rain a year beats any storm I've ever seen here in Orygun.

Oh, and just so I don't get accused of hijacking this thread: Computerguy, didn't you even slip on the floor and pull a muscle or something? Also, FYI, those gutters didn't just plug up from nothing. I'll bet "bunny" is up there, stuffed headfirst into the downspout. Buwahahahaha

NMSight

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that far off, skippy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top