Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2002 8:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2002 8:35:37 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
[url]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/4103565.htm[/url] Posted on Thu, Sep. 19, 2002 FBI: Next hijackers may not look the part Los Angeles Times Service WASHINGTON - FBI officials issued a bulletin Wednesday warning about an alleged plan by al Qaeda members to hijack a commercial airliner in the United States using Muslim extremists of non-Arabic appearance. ''Purportedly, al Qaeda members have discussed using [b]Chechnyan Muslims[/b] affiliated with al Qaeda but already present in the U.S. for such operations in order to avoid security scrutiny at airports,'' the bulletin said. ``Once aboard the aircraft as many as 10 or 20 hijackers seated in first class would overwhelm the crew and seize control.'' Additionally, the bulletin warned, al Qaeda members have purportedly discussed using ``improvised explosive device components transported onto commercial aircraft in carry-on luggage. The components -- consisting of clear liquids possibly mixed with coffee -- would appear to be nonthreatening but would become highly explosive during flight.'' The sourcing of the information suggests that it was based upon ''discussions'' among al Qaeda members prior to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, according to the bulletin. ''The FBI possesses no new information indicating that such operational planning is currently being pursued by the al Qaeda network or any other group. However, law enforcement and security agencies should remain alert to the possibility,'' said the warning, which was sent to joint terrorism task forces throughout the United States. Can someone explain why I shouldn't be pissed?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:51:10 PM EDT
Heck, why bother with European Muslims when they could probably just recruit a bunch of American citizens to do the job? Just think about it. No passport problems, already in position and ready to strike at the evil Satan that is America. They could probably recruit on D.U. Or the Berkeley campus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2002 9:01:04 PM EDT by TacticalPenguin]
You know, the first time that happens, there will be camps set up........ Think they are willign to risk it? Assuming many survive the outraged citizenry.... [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2002 9:18:55 PM EDT by SeaDweller]
[b]If my first statement is incorrect, then ignore the rest of the post.[/b] Aren't those the wonderful people that the US tried to save under the guise of NATO by bombing the shit out of Yugo? Milosevic should be returned to power. Aren't they supposed to be our friends? Since when was the US so concerned with rat control? I was young when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan but I knew it was bad news when I heard the US was supplying them. Would it have been so bad to have another Russian republic in Afghanistan? Now you all see what happens when you try to help people? Stingers still unaccounted for and all. The US should've let Iran/Iraq blow each other to hell. Lesson to be learned, don't help anyone!
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2002 9:36:01 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin: You know, the first time that happens, there will be camps set up........ Think they are willign to risk it? Assuming many survive the outraged citizenry.... [sniper]
View Quote
Never happen. Reason being is the guy who would be in charge of setting up those camps is the same guy who is keeping the FAA from "profiling." Turns out he is a Japanese American whose family was interned in WW2. Forget his name though. Editted to change FCC to FAA cause it's REALLY late.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:19:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin: You know, the first time that happens, there will be camps set up........ Think they are willign to risk it? Assuming many survive the outraged citizenry.... [sniper]
View Quote
Never happen. Reason being is the guy who would be in charge of setting up those camps is the same guy who is keeping the FCC from "profiling." Turns out he is a Japanese American whose family was interned in WW2. Forget his name though.
View Quote
Nimwit Minneta. See what happens when you put nimwits in charge. Who the hell let them Chechen-Muslims into the country anyway?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:39:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SeaDweller: [b]If my first statement is incorrect, then ignore the rest of the post.[/b] Aren't those the wonderful people that the US tried to save under the guise of NATO by bombing the shit out of Yugo?
View Quote
Yeah, it's incorrect. You're thinking of the Croats. Or the Serbs. Chechens come from Georgia(the one that's south of Russia).
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:45:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By deadman:
Originally Posted By SeaDweller: [b]If my first statement is incorrect, then ignore the rest of the post.[/b] Aren't those the wonderful people that the US tried to save under the guise of NATO by bombing the shit out of Yugo?
View Quote
Yeah, it's incorrect. You're thinking of the Croats. Or the Serbs. Chechens come from Georgia(the one that's south of Russia).
View Quote
Oh ya, I remember them now. I hope Putin exterminates them all. Bring Blitzkrieg to Chechnya!
Top Top