Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There's one here in Paducah, Ky.

Usually decent pizza. Only had one bad experience, and they fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had one here when I was growing up. Video games, cheap buffet, and awesome thin crust pizza.

We would circle sonic, drive through town, circle through pizza inn.  It was a lot like Dazed and Confused

I think the closest one to me now is in Jonesboro Arkansas, and when we go there the kids and wife on hibachi  and not nostalgic Pizza
View Quote

We circled Sonic....then turned around at Mcd or BK.  
Must have driven 10k miles on Nettleton Avenue.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember going to one a long time ago and had to cancel my order and leave because they were struggling to find me a fork and knife to eat my pizza with.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I remember going to one a long time ago and had to cancel my order and leave because they were struggling to find me a fork and knife to eat my pizza with.
View Quote

They were giving you a hint
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Whut's up wit da hate, bruh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old guys usually don't wash their hands after peeing and pooping.

Hope you enjoyed your feces stuffed crust.

Whut's up wit da hate, bruh?

He is just mad because they don't have tofu pizza at Pizza Inn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Pizzerts

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was working and living in Mountain View AR we would eat at one once a week at least. Every time we would go our credit card numbers would get stolen, so we would decide before hand whose company card we would want locked and use it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
My favorite pizza chain growing up. First place I ever had a taco pizza in the 70's and best ever.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember them. Good Pizza!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]
There was one on Summit Ave in Greensboro, NC. It was really good.
Unfortunately the ghettohood annexed that part of town once Cone Mills closed and the working people died/moved out allowing the ghetto goblins to move in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember Pizza Inn. It was right next to Mr. Steak.

I remember Shakey's Pizza a lot more.
View Quote

I definitely remember Shakey's!  Never heard of Pizza Inn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Well damn....we had Pizza Inn buffet for lunch last week, and I meant to take a picture of a big PI sign they had inside.    My bad.  

ETA....pizza was horrible.  Really gone downhill in the last few years.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Used to play the Pac-man machine in the one in Tandy Town. Haven't been there in years, I think they moved south 1/4 mile.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#14]
On the subject of questionable old timey food prepared by people you wish weren't preparing it..  

I'd roll the dice on a Maid-Rite RFN.  

The local one I remember as a kid was slightly disturbing yet delicious.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, Looks like they can gain some market share in KS,IN, WV,MI

Obesity map

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/maps/brfss_2019_ob_all.svg

Pizza Inn map
https://www.pizzainn.com/wp-content/themes/pizzainn/img/united-states-map.png
View Quote

Every time I see that map it reminds me of the culture shock I experienced the first time I went to Colorado.

Not a McDonalds in sight, and healthy looking people walking down the street.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Their still around,  well, Wu Han may have killed them but....

https://www.pizzainn.com/locations/
View Quote

Huh. I thought they all went tits up. May have to check one out, although looking at the NC locations I’m betting rich and vibrant.

Took my kid to the local Pizza Hut after being inspired by that thread. Much disappointment. Pizza was garbage and the place was nothing like I remembered. No jukebox, video games or other humans.

I also want to try Sir Pizza in Asheboro. Supposed to be pretty good and old school.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These still one in Salem MO.

View Quote

The one in Rolla closed a few years ago.  In 96-20? Pizza inn was next to campus and the big dorms.  Place would be packed on weekends around noon when all the college kids woke up.  Buffet for everyone.  Owner decided they wanted a more family feel and moved business across town....and went out of business.  Maybe the move was totally unrelated.

Pizza inn of Oak Ridge TN is doing good.  New building.  It was always packed before Covid.  Popular with kids sports teams.  Close to highschool....I believe their open to dine in and have been for awhile...or grub hub it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, Looks like they can gain some market share in KS,IN, WV,MI

Obesity map

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/maps/brfss_2019_ob_all.svg

Pizza Inn map
https://www.pizzainn.com/wp-content/themes/pizzainn/img/united-states-map.png
View Quote

They used to be in WV. The one in Wheeling was very popular and I think there was on in Morgantown we stopped at on out way back from a doe permit hunt in Hampshire County in the late 70s with 3 does strapped onto the roof rack of my brother's Cherokee Chief.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 I have been to a couple Cici's pizzas.  That's some cheap pizza.  
View Quote

Cici's brought back a funny memory for me.

We were in the city for a meeting and one of the sales reps offered to take a group of us out to dinner.

The nicest restaurant in town was CC's where meal and drinks easily hit $100 per person.

One of the guys hadn't shown up so I called to see where he was.

He was waiting for us at Cici's  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I remember Pizza Inn.  My family and I used to eat there at lot back in the mid-late 80s.

IIRC, the last one around here closed sometime in the late 80s.

I checked the map, and there's only three left in Alabama, all in Mobile County.

Quoted:
I miss the eighties.
View Quote

Me too!  It was a good time to be alive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#21]
A couple of years ago we stopped at the one in Christiansburg, VA on the way back from Mount Airy NC and walking in the front door was like taking a step back in time. They had the same brick interior with the same layout as it's always been, then the smells hit me and I close my eyes for a second and I'm magically transported back to my childhood. I can't usually eat more than two pieces of pizza but I ate half of a large and was miserable on the way home but it was worth it. I need to go visit it again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Cici's brought back a funny memory for me.

We were in the city for a meeting and one of the sales reps offered to take a group of us out to dinner.

The nicest restaurant in town was CC's where meal and drinks easily hit $100 per person.

One of the guys hadn't shown up so I called to see where he was.

He was waiting for us at Cici's  
View Quote

Now that’s funny !!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]
My first job outside of farming and small town gas station was Pizza Inn as a college freshman.

My older brother was working at a alcoholic drink delivery joint (as in they'd bring beer, wine, shots, mixed drinks to your home kind of deal).

Dad had it made for a couple years there with his boys bringing him home as much pizza and booze as he wanted.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top