Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Remember Pizza Inn? (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:55:06 PM EST
That was a treat when I was a kid. My parents would order a couple of pizzas and they would bring pitchers of DrPepper and Pepsi to the table where you poured your own. It was some good pizza.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:58:37 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Thorazine:
Old guys usually don't wash their hands after peeing and pooping.

Hope you enjoyed your feces stuffed crust.
View Quote

Whut's up wit da hate, bruh?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:00:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By fenderCAB:
We had Rec league sports banquets there all the time when I was a kid.  If you had to go to the bathroom, best just get a new drink when you come back unless you like your Coke with Parmigiano cheese and red pepper flakes.  I really don't remember much about the actual pizza.  It turned into a Pizza Den, then went away.
View Quote

Holy FUCK, I suspect we were on the same team... If not the same state.

Fresh drink from the fountain, and always root beer at that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:01:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/17/2021 11:03:44 PM EST by formerlyphat]
Don’t forget Mazzio’s or even better Ken’s Pizza.  I haven’t seen a Ken’s Pizza restaurant in probably 35 years, but there are still a few Mazzio’s in the Tulsa, OK area.

Pizza Inn was our #5 choice after Ken’s, Mazzio’s, Shakey’s and Crystal’s.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:02:01 PM EST
Used to have one in my hometown in north Alabama, there's one in Fayetteville Tn but it hasn't been there too long, it's not an old school one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:02:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gulftanker:
I vaguely remember Pizza Inn. It was right next to Mr. Steak.

I remember Shakey's Pizza a lot more.
View Quote

Shakey's Pizza... Now that's a name I've not heard in... A long time.

I LOVED the thin crust it had. I can still taste the deluxe with the black olives.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:08:45 PM EST
Never heard of it before
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:10:09 PM EST
Loved Pizza Inn back in the day. They had a sourdough pizza back in 1997 that was awesome.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:13:03 PM EST
For years and years we had 3
Pizza Inn locations in my town.   Now we are down to 2.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:16:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2021 8:53:54 AM EST by j3_]
Open super late and had a large cheap  house salad with lots of cheese and meat combined with a house dressing that capped off a night of partying late.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:17:08 PM EST
Godfather's pizza was better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:22:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By DegralDan:
View Quote

We didn’t have a Godfather’s in Calhoun County.  But Pizza Inn had great thin crust .
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:22:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By stringburner:
I 'member. There was one here at the mall when I was a kid. It was awesome. Salad bar had pepperoni on it. I developed a taste for pepperoni and red french which was basically what my "salad" consisted of. The pizza was really good too. There's still some in VA, & I plan to eat at one of them when I get a chance. There's one close to Myrtle Beach too, maybe between Conway & Myrtle, or there was the last time I was down. Left side of the road headed east.

How about Pappy's Pizza? It was damn good too. Not sure how widespread that chain was though.
View Quote

It’s still there (the one in Conway, SC) it’s right on 501 as you pass through Conway, you’re right, it’s on the left if you’re headed to the beach, there’s also one in Lancaster SC. I live near Conway and at least one of the kids wants to eat there for their birthday every year, I love their thin crust!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:24:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/17/2021 11:28:18 PM EST by Star_Scream]
Originally Posted By formerlyphat:
Don’t forget Mazzio’s or even better Ken’s Pizza.  I haven’t seen a Ken’s Pizza restaurant in probably 35 years, but there are still a few Mazzio’s in the Tulsa, OK area.

Pizza Inn was our #5 choice after Ken’s, Mazzio’s, Shakey’s and Crystal’s.
View Quote

Still a bunch of Mazzios in OK.

Although it's not great or good really.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:26:21 PM EST
View Quote

Godfather's was excellent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:28:16 PM EST
I was a fan of Pizza Hut when they had the buffet , don't have them anymore, at least around here
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:29:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/17/2021 11:30:47 PM EST by Dzapper]
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:

We didn’t have a Godfather’s in Calhoun County.  But Pizza Inn had great thin crust .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:

I worked at a Godfather's for a couple of years until it closed, man do I miss that place.

The last stand alone Pizza Inn here closed at around the same time as Godfather's (mid 90's) and they built a Whataburger in its place. Then a couple of years ago a new Pizza Inn opened in the strip center two doors down from the Whataburger. It lasted about a year and I never went in, but I heard it was more like CiCi's than the old Pizza Inn.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:30:30 PM EST
There's nothing like the smell of a pizza joint on a busy night.

The one I worked at was right next to a movie theater and a popular night club. It would get crazy busy on Friday and Saturday nights. Huge packs of teenagers.

On regular weeknights it would usually just be just me (16 years old) and the bartender/waiter. After closing and like clockwork the bartender would go back to the restroom. As soon as I heard the door squeak open I would grab my small bucket and hold it under the Coors tap. When the door squeaked back open I would duck back in the kitchen and chug down the beer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:40:55 PM EST
Yes, and I couldn’t remember the name in the Pizza Hut thread.

There was one in Elizabeth City, NC while I was young. It’s no longer there, but I remember how good the pizza was. And the chocolate chip dessert pizza was great!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:43:14 PM EST
I think there’s still one open in Knoxville, TN
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:47:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2021 7:30:34 AM EST by cervelorider]
Man I remember my family going there, Foghat Slow Ride jamming on the jukebox. It was thin crust goodness.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:58:20 PM EST
There was one in Jacksonville, NC/ Camp Lejeune a long time ago. Tuesday and Thursday nights they would have the buffet. I remember going there and eating with friends a lot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:59:16 PM EST
I really liked Pizza Inn back in the early 80s (Austin, TX).  The best pizza was Mr. Gattis, but Pizza Inn was second place.  This was before they went to buffet style.

Funny thing about pizza in the 80s, at least here.  Most of the places were pretty freaking expensive.  Mr. Gattis was my favorite, and it's almost like their prices haven't changed since the 80s.  A large pizza, about right for two teenage boys to split, was about $15 then.  Add in a couple large sodas and you were in about $10 each.  That was a lot for a highschool kid, especially when you could get a hamburger and soda for $3.50.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:10:34 AM EST
We still have 6 Pizza Inns in Missouri.  I always liked their pizza buffets.  We used to go to the one in Flat River / Park Hills when I was a kid; they always had a good arcade .  I don't remember when it closed (maybe in '96 or '97).  I'm not sure when the one in Rolla closed either; I think it was still open when I left Rolla in 2007.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:43:02 AM EST

I loved Pizza Inn when we still had one local.

Pizza Hut has degenerated into crap sadly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:48:46 AM EST
My older brother worked at one in high school. When my parents finally moved out of my childhood home a few years ago, I bet there were 20 plastic pizza inn cups stashed in the back of the cabinet. I miss my brother daily.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:49:50 AM EST
The Pizza Inns here are called Luigi's Pizza. Still the same old guys running them, same 80's decor, same good pizza, they're thin crust is best.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:53:28 AM EST
Buy one get next size smaller free coupons. I'm 6'4", best friend was 6'7", we'd destroy an extra large and a large on Saturday nights.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:53:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By Gulftanker:
I vaguely remember Pizza Inn. It was right next to Mr. Steak.

I remember Shakey's Pizza a lot more.
View Quote

Yup,  I remember Shakey's very fondly from when I was a kid.  Also enjoyed Mr. Gatti's Pizza a lot, too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:59:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2021 3:03:32 AM EST by dcat]

View Quote

Screen name fits.

OP, we had a Pizza Inn in my little town when I was a kid.  For a long time it was just that and a DQ.  The Pizza Inn served pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, and burgers.  Great food, and great memories of seeing everyone there after the football game on Friday or on Saturday night.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:20:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2021 5:23:08 AM EST by ElrodCod]
There's one in Greeneville, TN, I ate there once & the pizza sucked. I never went back.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:42:20 AM EST
There’s several local to me. I like eating there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:48:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:05:29 AM EST
We have one near us.  I've always liked their pizza...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:29:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By JohnJGlanton:
Growing up, we alternated between Pizza Inn or Ground Round for after church lunch most Sundays. I miss the eighties.
View Quote

Damn. Ground round surf and turf was my brother and my go to.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:32:15 AM EST
I remember it well. For a small town we had Godfather's, Pizza Inn and Shakey's
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:27:42 AM EST
There is one in Washington, NC. There was a Godfather's in Rockingham some time ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:35:31 AM EST
Little ceasar's is better
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:57:50 AM EST
I remember... Been years, but I loved it as a kid.  

View Quote

You should give it a try. Having seen the shit you eat, a little ass crust would be an improvement.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:45:06 AM EST
View Quote

That’s just blasphemy !!!

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:17:08 PM EST
View Quote

Do they serve Great Value Turkey pizza ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:17:28 PM EST
Nope.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:20:55 PM EST
Still have one in town, trashed one of their flyers from the mail yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:24:47 PM EST
There are three or four of them in the Raleigh NC area.

https://www.pizzainn.com/
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:27:48 PM EST
The Pizza Inn special is probably my favorite pizza ever.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:31:36 PM EST
I remember going there as a kid. The adults would drink beer and kids played arcade games while waiting for the pizzas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:37:59 PM EST
We had one here when I was growing up. Video games, cheap buffet, and awesome thin crust pizza.

We would circle sonic, drive through town, circle through pizza inn.  It was a lot like Dazed and Confused

I think the closest one to me now is in Jonesboro Arkansas, and when we go there the kids and wife on hibachi  and not nostalgic Pizza
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:46:10 PM EST
That cracker crust thin and crispy was the shit. There are only 3 of them left in Virginia now. The closest one is 1.5 hours away. There used to be 3 of them in my town alone back in the 70's and early 80's
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:52:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:

Oh chit!  Ground Round 5cent wing nights, used to be packed!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqSBZFt-HI
View Quote

I got drunk there so many times.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:54:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By mountainsurvivor:
That cracker crust thin and crispy was the shit. There are only 3 of them left in Virginia now. The closest one is 1.5 hours away. There used to be 3 of them in my town alone back in the 70's and early 80's
View Quote

That was where they shined !!!
Cracker crust wasn’t common in southern pizza places.  
Those pitchers of iced tea and later (beer) washed it down nicely.
Page / 3
Remember Pizza Inn? (Page 2 of 3)
Top Top