Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:52:44 PM EDT
Exodus 3:15 God said to Moses, " So shall you say to the Children of Israel, YHVH, the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Issac, and the God of Jacob, has dispatched me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance from generation to generation.

Now, if you are paying attention it says forever. It does not say until I give myself a new name or until I have a son. So far we still have not seen forever.

So how do you all explain this away? Please no cut and paste, no opinion of your pastor, just your own thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:53:41 PM EDT
Religious thread. All welcome

That sounds like a contradiction.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 1:54:08 PM EDT by MrClean4Hire]
My own thought, even though I consider myself a Christian is this:

AJNTSA
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:54:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

AJNTSA

+2
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:55:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

AJNTSA

+2

I predict this thread will make baby Jesus cry.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:57:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:58:47 PM EDT
Let's go ahead and throw in

Marpat
Masons
Mormons

­

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
How do you explain the new Jesus is God identity? If forever hasn't come then only one name stands.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:00:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Twister:
How do you explain the new Jesus is God identity? If forever hasn't come then only one name stands.

I though God went by a few names. Guess all us Christains are going to Hell.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:12:42 PM EDT
Sounds like words others or yourself claimed as truths.........Ave
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
No one is dooming anyone to hell. Except maybe Xian's who pull out hell everytime someone doesn't use the Jesus name. Is it so hard to believe and listen to the living God?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:34:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:46:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

No one is dooming anyone to hell. Except maybe Xian's who pull out hell everytime someone doesn't use the Jesus name. Is it so hard to believe and listen to the living God?

'Xtian'?

You know that there's not a single jackassed god or goddess whose 'made-up' name I would refuse to capitalize...or spell out correctly.

I even spell Paganism with a capital 'P.'

Eric The(<sigh>)Hun

Then you show respect to idols. How sad, you really should stop doing that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:48:00 PM EDT
Wow! Only one page and already it's going into the Lake Michigan!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:48:03 PM EDT

'Xtian'?

You know that there's not a single jackassed god or goddess whose 'made-up' name I would refuse to capitalize...or spell out correctly.

I even spell Paganism with a capital 'P.'

Eric The(<sigh>)Hun

Then you show respect to idols. How sad, you really should stop doing that.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:51:33 PM EDT
Simple you see, and claim what you so wish to see and read. You are, and claim and make what is, is....... You follow as you so wish.....for you believe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:53:07 PM EDT
I believe "Jehovah" to be one of Jesus' titles - I believe that He was The God of the Old Testament.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:53:25 PM EDT

'Xtian'?

Oh, you're one of them, eh?

Sorry, I took you seriously.

I'll know better next time!

Eric, isn't it amazing how easily it is getting to "smoke out the rabbits"?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:57:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SST7Alumni:
I believe "Jehovah" to be one of Jesus' titles - I believe that He was The God of the Old Testament.

Good Morning! Did you miss the this is my name forever part? The name that is forever is not jesus.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:01:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:02:07 PM EDT
Exodus 3:

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial unto all generations.

John 8:

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:02:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:07:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By criley:
Exodus 3:

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God

In the original hebrew the word is YHVH often called Jehovah.

said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial unto all generations.

If he didn't give a name and only a title such as God this sentence wouldn't make any sense.

John 8:

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:11:53 PM EDT

Doesn't apply.

Top Top